-   -   UMTS/Backup solution for Internet Access and Telephone (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/542793-umts-backup-solution-internet-access-telephone.html)

Michelle Konzack 06-22-2011 12:45 PM

UMTS/Backup solution for Internet Access and Telephone

Hello,

I am ISP and offering WaveLAN and FTTH internet Access

Currently I build a hardware router (Marvel Discovery MV78200) which
handel a backup solution using a GSM/HSPA USB-Stick Huawei K3762-HV.

My problem is, that I can use only UMTS/HSPA Internet acces OR telephony
(asterisk + "chan_datacard" module) on the USB-Stick.

Does someone know, how to configure this pig to support both?

Note: Normaly by inserting the USB-Stick, it should create TWO
devices /dev/ttyUSB (one for Telephony/GPRS/AT-Command
and one for the UMTS channel)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France itsystems@tdnet
Owner Michelle Konzack Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice) Gewerbe Strasse 3
50, rue de Soultz 77694 Kehl/Germany
67100 Strasbourg/France Tel office: +49-176-86004575
Tel mobil: +33-6-61925193 Tel mobil: +49-177-9351947

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de

"Paulius M." 06-22-2011 02:54 PM

UMTS/Backup solution for Internet Access and Telephone

Hello,

Currently I build a hardware router (Marvel Discovery MV78200) which
handel a backup solution using a GSM/HSPA USB-Stick Huawei K3762-HV.

My problem is, that I can use only UMTS/HSPA Internet acces OR telephony
(asterisk + "chan_datacard" module) on the USB-Stick.

Does someone know, how to configure this pig to support both?

Note: Normaly by inserting the USB-Stick, it should create TWO
devices /dev/ttyUSB (one for Telephony/GPRS/AT-Command
and one for the UMTS channel)

Maybe usb-modeswitch could help if You know needed VID/PID?

--
Pagarbiai,
Paulius M.

Marc Haber 06-22-2011 03:34 PM

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 02:45:27PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Currently I build a hardware router (Marvel Discovery MV78200) which
> handel a backup solution using a GSM/HSPA USB-Stick Huawei K3762-HV.
>
> My problem is, that I can use only UMTS/HSPA Internet acces OR telephony
> (asterisk + "chan_datacard" module) on the USB-Stick.

Unless you plan to sell thousands of this device, the economic
solution would be to use two of the sticks per device. One for
UMTS/HSPA or Telephony.

Greetings
Marc, wondering what this has to do with Debian

Michelle Konzack 06-22-2011 04:14 PM

UMTS/Backup solution for Internet Access and Telephone

Hello Paulius M.,

> Maybe usb-modeswitch could help if You know needed VID/PID?

The problem has nothig to do with usb-modeswitch, because the problem is
AFTER switching. I can use only "asterisk" or only "pppd", not both at
the same time.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France itsystems@tdnet
Owner Michelle Konzack Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice) Gewerbe Straße 3
50, rue de Soultz 77694 Kehl/Germany
67100 Strasbourg/France Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil Tel: +49-176-86004575 office

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
ICQ #328449886

Michelle Konzack 06-22-2011 04:18 PM

UMTS/Backup solution for Internet Access and Telephone

Hello Marc Haber,

> Unless you plan to sell thousands of this device, the economic
> solution would be to use two of the sticks per device. One for
> UMTS/HSPA or Telephony.

The MV78200 is running EmDebian and while Hardware Router like the
Vodafone EasyBox and also Windows can do this, WHY can we not get this
runing under GNU/Linux.

And it is not economic, because you need two contracts für the card and
most of my users are using O2 (my contractor) Prepayed cards which then
will be quiet expensive.