Old 03-30-2011, 01:39 PM
"liyq"

Default question on snmp agent

Hi,all
*
I have*installed the package of snmp-mibs-downloader . when I check
the configuration and run the command,some error
is appear, for example:
*

#*snmpwalk*-v2c*-c*public*localhost*interfaces
interfaces:*Unknown*Object*Identifier*(Sub-id*not*found:*(top)*->*interfaces)
*
I'm not sure if the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf needs to be configure, though I
have made some changes.
*
thanks.
*
2011-03-30

liyq

Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Mariusz Kruk

On Wednesday 30 of March 2011, liyq wrote:
> Hi,all
>
> I have installed the package of snmp-mibs-downloader .

But did you run download-mibs?
The package is what it says it is - a downloader, not a set of mibs.

> when I check the
> configuration and run the command,some error is appear, for example:
>
> # snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost interfaces
> interfaces: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) ->
> interfaces)

How is it supposed to know where are your MIBs?
Have you read the f...riendly manual? It has description of some nice options
like -M and -m.

> I'm not sure if the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf needs to be configure, though I
> have made some changes.

snmpd.conf - it's a config file for SNMP daemon so you don't need it here.
snmp.conf - yes, you can edit it so you don't have to provide some options
with every snmpcmd (or derivative) invocation.

--
Kruk@ - | Wanted, dead or alive : Schroedinger's cat.
}-> epsilon.eu.org |

Old 03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
"Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]"

On 03/30/2011 03:56 PM, Mariusz Kruk wrote:
>> # snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost interfaces
>> interfaces: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) ->
>> interfaces)
>
> How is it supposed to know where are your MIBs?
> Have you read the f...riendly manual? It has description of some nice options
> like -M and -m.

try adding "mibs +ALL" to /etc/snmp/snmp.conf (if it is not there yet).

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc. email. r.bhatia@ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG web. http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11 email. office@ipax.at
1190 Wien tel. +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien fax. +43 1 3670030 15