FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian ISP

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-21-2011, 12:52 AM
"liyq"
 
Default Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80

Hi,all
*
*What error is happened when I apt-get install the package?
*
*

root@localhost:/etc/apt#*apt-get*update
Ign*cdrom://[Debian*GNU/Linux*6.0.0*_Squeeze_*-*Official*i386*CD*Binary-1*20110205-17:27]*squeeze*Release.gpg
Ign*cdrom://[Debian*GNU/Linux*6.0.0*_Squeeze_*-*Official*i386*CD*Binary-1*20110205-17:27]/*squeeze/main*Translation-en
Ign*cdrom://[Debian*GNU/Linux*6.0.0*_Squeeze_*-*Official*i386*CD*Binary-1*20110205-17:27]/*squeeze/main*Translation-en_HK
Ign*cdrom://[Debian*GNU/Linux*6.0.0*_Squeeze_*-*Official*i386*CD*Binary-1*20110205-17:27]*squeeze*Release
Ign*cdrom://[Debian*GNU/Linux*6.0.0*_Squeeze_*-*Official*i386*CD*Binary-1*20110205-17:27]*squeeze/main*i386*Packages/DiffIndex
Get:1*http://security.debian.org*squeeze/updates*Release.gpg*[835*B]***********
Ign*http://security.debian.org/*squeeze/updates/main*Translation-en************
Ign*http://security.debian.org/*squeeze/updates/main*Translation-en_HK
Get:2*http://security.debian.org*squeeze/updates*Release*[38.4*kB]
Get:3*http://security.debian.org*squeeze/updates/main*Sources*[16.2*kB]********
Get:4*http://security.debian.org*squeeze/updates/main*i386*Packages*[57.6*kB]**
Err*http://ftp.debian.org*stable*Release.gpg***************** ******************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Err*http://ftp.debian.org/debian/*stable/contrib*Translation-en****************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Err*http://ftp.debian.org/debian/*stable/contrib*Translation-en_HK*************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Err*http://ftp.debian.org/debian/*stable/main*Translation-en*******************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Err*http://ftp.debian.org/debian/*stable/main*Translation-en_HK****************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Err*http://ftp.debian.org/debian/*stable/non-free*Translation-en***************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Err*http://ftp.debian.org/debian/*stable/non-free*Translation-en_HK************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Ign*http://ftp.debian.org*stable*Release********************* ******************
Ign*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/main*Sources**********************************
Ign*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/contrib*Sources*******************************
Ign*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/non-free*Sources******************************
Ign*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/main*i386*Packages****************************
Ign*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/contrib*i386*Packages*************************
Ign*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/non-free*i386*Packages************************
Err*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/main*Sources**********************************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Err*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/contrib*Sources*******************************
**Cannot*initiate*the*connection*to*ftp.debian.org :80*(2001:610:1908:a000::149:226).*-*connect*(101:*Network*is*unreachable)*[IP:*2001:610:1908:a000::149:226*80]
Err*http://ftp.debian.org*stable/non-free*Sources******************************
*
2011-03-21



liyq
 
Old 03-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Brett Parker
 
Default Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80

On 21 Mar 09:52, liyq wrote:
> Hi,all
>
> What error is happened when I apt-get install the package?

Looks to me that you've got ipv6 enabled in the kernel, you're getting
AAAA records back for ftp.debian.org, and you haven't got a working
(global) ipv6 setup.

Either disable ipv6 entirely, or get DNS to prefer giving A records
rather than AAAA.

I'm not sure how you configure to do v4 before v6 though.

Thanks,
Brett.

> root@localhost:/etc/apt# apt-get update
> Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20110205-17:27] squeeze Release.gpg
> Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20110205-17:27]/ squeeze/main Translation-en
> Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20110205-17:27]/ squeeze/main Translation-en_HK
> Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20110205-17:27] squeeze Release
> Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20110205-17:27] squeeze/main i386 Packages/DiffIndex
> Get:1 http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release.gpg [835 B]
> Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en
> Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en_HK
> Get:2 http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release [38.4 kB]
> Get:3 http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main Sources [16.2 kB]
> Get:4 http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main i386 Packages [57.6 kB]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org stable Release.gpg
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable/contrib Translation-en
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable/contrib Translation-en_HK
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable/main Translation-en
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable/main Translation-en_HK
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable/non-free Translation-en
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable/non-free Translation-en_HK
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Ign http://ftp.debian.org stable Release
> Ign http://ftp.debian.org stable/main Sources
> Ign http://ftp.debian.org stable/contrib Sources
> Ign http://ftp.debian.org stable/non-free Sources
> Ign http://ftp.debian.org stable/main i386 Packages
> Ign http://ftp.debian.org stable/contrib i386 Packages
> Ign http://ftp.debian.org stable/non-free i386 Packages
> Err http://ftp.debian.org stable/main Sources
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org stable/contrib Sources
> Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80 (2001:610:1908:a000::149:226). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2001:610:1908:a000::149:226 80]
> Err http://ftp.debian.org stable/non-free Sources
>
> 2011-03-21
>
>
>
> liyq

--
Brett Parker http://www.sommitrealweird.co.uk/
PGP Fingerprint 1A9E C066 EDEE 6746 36CB BD7F 479E C24F 95C7 1D61


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110321105216.GA23373@sommitrealweird.co.uk">http ://lists.debian.org/20110321105216.GA23373@sommitrealweird.co.uk
 
Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Robert L Mathews
 
Default Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.debian.org:80

Brett Parker wrote:


I'm not sure how you configure to do v4 before v6 though.


One way to do this is to edit "/etc/gai.conf". At least on lenny, it
contains the following comment:


# For sites which prefer IPv4 connections change the last line to
#
#precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

And indeed, I tried that once as a test and it worked fine -- outbound
connections preferred the IPv4 A record result over the IPv6 AAAA record
result when both were available.


--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies, http://www.tigertech.net/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4D90D8F1.7070808@tigertech.com">http://lists.debian.org/4D90D8F1.7070808@tigertech.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org