Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian ISP (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/)
-   -   failed to install new package (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/502633-failed-install-new-package.html)

"liyq" 03-18-2011 10:29 AM

failed to install new package
 
Hi,all:

I've*just*install*a*Debian*squeeze*in*the*vmware*w orkstation
from*a*cd-image*download*from*a*mirror*of*the*debian*site.*I *have*checked*and*edited*the*/etc/apt/sources.list*file,*That*is:
*
##########begin------------
#*deb*cdrom:[Debian*GNU/Linux*6.0.0*_Squeeze_*-*Official*i386*CD*Binary-1*20110205-17:27]/*squeeze*main

deb*cdrom:[Debian*GNU/Linux*6.0.0*_Squeeze_*-*Official*i386*CD*Binary-1*20110205-17:27]/*squeeze*main

deb*http://ftp.debian.org/debian*stable*main*contrib*non-free
deb-src*http://ftp.debian.org/debian*stable*main*contrib*non-free
deb*http://security.debian.org/*squeeze/updates*main
deb-src*http://security.debian.org/*squeeze/updates*main

#*Line*commented*out*by*installer*because*it*faile d*to*verify:
#deb*://volatile.debian.org*squeeze-updates*main
#*Line*commented*out*by*installer*because*it*faile d*to*verify:
#deb-src*://volatile.debian.org*squeeze-updates*main
#############end----------
*
but*when*I*want*to*install*the*relative*snmp*packa ge,*the*error*is*given:*
root@localhost:/etc/apt#*apt-get*install*snmp
Reading*package*lists...*Done
Building*dependency*tree*******
Reading*state*information...*Done
E:*Unable*to*locate*package*snmp
*


Would*you*kindly*tell*me*what*shall*I*do*next?
*
2011-03-18



liyq

Norbert Kiszka 03-18-2011 11:21 AM

failed to install new package
 
Dnia 2011-03-18, piÄ… o godzinie 19:29 +0800, liyq pisze:
> Hi,all:
>
> I've just install a Debian squeeze in the vmware workstation
> from a cd-image download from a mirror of the debian site. I have checked and edited the /etc/apt/sources.list file, That is:
>
> ##########begin------------
> # deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20110205-17:27]/ squeeze main
>
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20110205-17:27]/ squeeze main
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
>
> # Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
> #deb ://volatile.debian.org squeeze-updates main
> # Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
> #deb-src ://volatile.debian.org squeeze-updates main
> #############end----------
>
> but when I want to install the relative snmp package, the error is given:
> root@localhost:/etc/apt# apt-get install snmp
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package snmp
>
>
>
> Would you kindly tell me what shall I do next?
>
> 2011-03-18
>
> __________________________________________________ ____________________
> liyq


Please show output of:

# apt-get update

BTW. Are You using correct mailing list?




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 1300450886.2796.153.camel@rh1">http://lists.debian.org/1300450886.2796.153.camel@rh1


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:17 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.