Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Keith Edmunds

Default Dell Powervault MD3200

Does anyone have experience of configuring these disk arrays under Debian?

We have a configuration with a Dell R710 server connected via SAS to a
Dell Powervault MD3200, which in turn is daisy-chained to three MD1200
expansion units. The Dell-supplied configuration tools are designed for Red
Hat and SUSE only, and unlike other disk arrays I have used in the past,
there doesn't appear to be a web interface to configure the unit.

Also, when loading the mpt2sas kernel module, syslog reports "FIXME driver
has no support for subenclosures (3)". This is on Squeeze running
2.6.32-5-amd64 (I'm building a 2.6.37.2 kernel as I write).

So, anyone had success with an MD3200 under Debian?

Thanks,
Keith