-   -   XEN 4.0 24gb ram problem ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/491525-xen-4-0-24gb-ram-problem.html)

Wojciech Ziniewicz 02-19-2011 01:03 PM

XEN 4.0 24gb ram problem ?

Hi,
I have custom server with i7 processor and 24GB of ram but xen sees only 16 gb :

root@carrot:/etc/xen# cat /proc/meminfo* | grep MemTotal
MemTotal:****** 17529432 kB
root@carrot:/etc/xen# uname -an
Linux carrot.ysrv.com 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 05:46:49 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@carrot:/etc/xen#

Is it Xen limitation or maybe something else ?

regards
--
Wojciech Ziniewicz
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2324.txt

Olivier Bonvalet 02-19-2011 01:27 PM

XEN 4.0 24gb ram problem ?

Hi,

it's not a Xen limitation. But here, you are showing the memory available for the Dom0, how much memory see Xen ? (xm info | grep total_memory)

And are you sure to use a 64Bit Xen ? (not only the Dom0 Kernel)

For example : # dpkg -l 'xen-h*' | grep ii
ii xen-hypervisor-4.0-amd64 4.0.1-1 The Xen Hypervisor on AMD64

Olivier

Linux carrot.ysrv.com <http://carrot.ysrv.com> 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 05:46:49 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Wojciech Ziniewicz 02-19-2011 01:50 PM

XEN 4.0 24gb ram problem ?