FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian ISP

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

Hello *,

afer some weeks sickness, I tried yesterday to install Debian on my x345
but more then installing without Raid was not possibel. OK know I know,
I need the IBM ServRAID Support CD 6.11...

...but this pig does not work with Debian.

Can someone tell me please, how to setup a x335 fpr Raid-1 and the x345
for Raid-1 (2 drives) AND Raid-5 (4 drives)

And does someone has a WORKING Linux ServRAID config tool for Debian?

Hey, the IBM's cost my last nerv... The Sun Fire are more my love :-)

However, the IBMs are for free!

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack

--
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant ######################
Development of Intranet and Embedded Systems with Debian GNU/Linux

itsystems@tdnet France EURL itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France 77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de

Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
 
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Andrew McGlashan
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

Hi,

Michelle Konzack wrote:

afer some weeks sickness, I tried yesterday to install Debian on my x345
but more then installing without Raid was not possibel. OK know I know,
I need the IBM ServRAID Support CD 6.11...

...but this pig does not work with Debian.

Can someone tell me please, how to setup a x335 fpr Raid-1 and the x345
for Raid-1 (2 drives) AND Raid-5 (4 drives)

And does someone has a WORKING Linux ServRAID config tool for Debian?

Hey, the IBM's cost my last nerv... The Sun Fire are more my love :-)

However, the IBMs are for free!


Can't get much better than free, can you.... ;-)

My recipe for those IBM boxen is to have the RAID controller provide
single drive arrays and to use software RAID in Linux because that way I
know I can monitor the RAID properly myself without any extra tools.
This also gives battery backup for the drives, so that is handy.


The IBM System setup disks are used on their own (boot from them),
before installing anything on the box. They can update firmware and set
things up as desired, then you install your Debian once that is done.


Cheers

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4D2B3DCB.6020703@affinityvision.com.au">http://lists.debian.org/4D2B3DCB.6020703@affinityvision.com.au
 
Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Glauber Eller Martins
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

Hi buddy,
I instaled a ibm xseries 345 about 3 months ago.
First i booted with IBM SERVERGUIDE SETUP
AND INSTALATION CD(version 7.4.17) and configured
the raid. Them i, within the IBM Server guide without press


the reset button, restarted the system with the Debian CD.
This is it.
Regards

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:


Hi,



Michelle Konzack wrote:


afer some weeks sickness, I tried yesterday to install Debian on my x345

but more then installing without Raid was not possibel. *OK know I know,

I need the IBM ServRAID Support CD 6.11...



...but this pig does not work with Debian.



Can someone tell me please, how to setup a x335 fpr Raid-1 and the *x345

for Raid-1 (2 drives) AND Raid-5 (4 drives)



And does someone has a WORKING Linux ServRAID config tool for Debian?



Hey, the IBM's cost my last nerv... *The Sun Fire are more my love *:-)



However, the IBMs are for free!




Can't get much better than free, can you.... ;-)



My recipe for those IBM boxen is to have the RAID controller provide single drive arrays and to use software RAID in Linux because that way I know I can monitor the RAID properly myself without any extra tools. This also gives battery backup for the drives, so that is handy.





The IBM System setup disks are used on their own (boot from them), before installing anything on the box. *They can update firmware and set things up as desired, then you install your Debian once that is done.



Cheers



--

Kind Regards

AndrewM



Andrew McGlashan

Broadband Solutions now including VoIP





--

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org

with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4D2B3DCB.6020703@affinityvision.com.au





--
Glauber Eller Martins
 
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

Hello Andrew McGlashan,

Am 2011-01-11 04:11:39, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> Can't get much better than free, can you.... ;-)
>
> My recipe for those IBM boxen is to have the RAID controller provide
> single drive arrays and to use software RAID in Linux because that
> way I know I can monitor the RAID properly myself without any extra
> tools. This also gives battery backup for the drives, so that is
> handy.

Then you lost the HotSwap capability.

And up to now I had only negative experience with software Raid

> The IBM System setup disks are used on their own (boot from them),
> before installing anything on the box. They can update firmware and
> set things up as desired, then you install your Debian once that is
> done.

Yeah, I know, but there are tools for RedHat and SuSE and maybe someone
has goten it running under Debian...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack

--
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant ######################
Development of Intranet and Embedded Systems with Debian GNU/Linux

itsystems@tdnet France EURL itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France 77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
ICQ #328449886

Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
 
Old 01-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Marek Podmaka
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

Hello,

Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 11:08:47, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Then you lost the HotSwap capability.

Why? I am running software raid on several HP servers with Hotswap and
it has always worked without any issues.
Just the rebuild is not automatic after drive replacement, but must be
initiated manually. But you can have hot-spare and then rebuild will
start automatically upon disk failure.

--
bYE, Marki


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 189467240.20110111113257@marki-online.net">http://lists.debian.org/189467240.20110111113257@marki-online.net
 
Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

Hello Glauber Eller Martins,

Am 2011-01-10 17:30:29, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> Hi buddy,
> I instaled a ibm xseries 345 about 3 months ago.
> First i booted with IBM SERVERGUIDE SETUP
> AND INSTALATION CD(version 7.4.17) and configured

Ehm, where do you have gotten this CD?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack

--
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant ######################
Development of Intranet and Embedded Systems with Debian GNU/Linux

itsystems@tdnet France EURL itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France 77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
ICQ #328449886

Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
 
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Timo Schoeler
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

thus Michelle Konzack spake:
> Hello Glauber Eller Martins,
>
> Am 2011-01-10 17:30:29, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>> Hi buddy,
>> I instaled a ibm xseries 345 about 3 months ago.
>> First i booted with IBM SERVERGUIDE SETUP
>> AND INSTALATION CD(version 7.4.17) and configured
>
> Ehm, where do you have gotten this CD?

It's downloadable on the IBM website.

> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
> Michelle Konzack

Regards,

Timo
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFNLD4jfg746kcGBOwRAvXiAJwI0FLbDVsjBPhnGAztJD QN4cdTnwCgv6KL
gt7qIE1Oznl5vNE8KQA7574=
=ZdkC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4D2C3E23.8080606@riscworks.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D2C3E23.8080606@riscworks.net
 
Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Mariusz Kruk
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

W dniu 2011-01-10 17:17, Michelle Konzack pisze:

Hello *,

afer some weeks sickness, I tried yesterday to install Debian on my x345
but more then installing without Raid was not possibel. OK know I know,
I need the IBM ServRAID Support CD 6.11...

...but this pig does not work with Debian.

Can someone tell me please, how to setup a x335 fpr Raid-1 and the x345
for Raid-1 (2 drives) AND Raid-5 (4 drives)

And does someone has a WORKING Linux ServRAID config tool for Debian?


From what I remember from back when I installed debian on x345, I just
booted from the ServeRAID support CD, created the array(s) and then
rebooted with normal debian installer (my x345 box says it uses the
'ips' module for ServeRAID).
After that you might want to install the RaidMan utility to monitor the
array (from what I recall it installed itself from a .tgz with a script
or similarily, so it wasn't bound to RH or SUSE).



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4D2C57B2.80003@epsilon.eu.org">http://lists.debian.org/4D2C57B2.80003@epsilon.eu.org
 
Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

Hello Mariusz Kruk,

Am 2011-01-11 14:14:26, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> From what I remember from back when I installed debian on x345, I
> just booted from the ServeRAID support CD, created the array(s) and
> then rebooted with normal debian installer (my x345 box says it uses
> the 'ips' module for ServeRAID).
> After that you might want to install the RaidMan utility to monitor
> the array (from what I recall it installed itself from a .tgz with a
> script or similarily, so it wasn't bound to RH or SUSE).

OK, I will try it tomorrow.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack

--
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant ######################
Development of Intranet and Embedded Systems with Debian GNU/Linux

itsystems@tdnet France EURL itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France 77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
ICQ #328449886

Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Glauber Eller Martins
 
Default Linux raid config tool for IBM eServer x335/345

Michelle,
I downloaded from the site.
What out for the version.

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:


Hello Mariusz Kruk,



Am 2011-01-11 14:14:26, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:

> From what I remember from back when I installed debian on x345, I

> just booted from the ServeRAID support CD, created the array(s) and

> then rebooted with normal debian installer (my x345 box says it uses

> the 'ips' module for ServeRAID).

> After that you might want to install the RaidMan utility to monitor

> the array (from what I recall it installed itself from a .tgz with a

> script or similarily, so it wasn't bound to RH or SUSE).



OK, I will try it tomorrow.



Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening

* *Michelle Konzack



--

##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant ######################

* Development of Intranet and Embedded Systems with Debian GNU/Linux



itsystems@tdnet France EURL * * * itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)

Owner Michelle Konzack * * * * * *Owner Michelle Konzack



Apt. 917 (homeoffice)

50, rue de Soultz * * * * * * * * Kinzigstraße 17

67100 Strasbourg/France * * * * * 77694 Kehl/Germany

Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil * * * * Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil

Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix



<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> *<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>

<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> * * * * <http://www.can4linux.org/>



Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de

ICQ * *#328449886



Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/



--
Glauber Eller Martins
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org