-   -   DNS zone files in Win 2k3 to Bind. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/44578-dns-zone-files-win-2k3-bind.html)

Jan-Benedict Glaw 02-01-2008 11:51 AM

On Thu, 2008-01-31 09:16:46 +0100, Figols, Ruben <Ruben.Figols@ntt.eu> wrote:
> I cannot declare my bind as a secondary.

Why not?

> The only thing that I can do is import dns zone files ton bind.

Why?

> The format of these files is:

> ;
> ; Database file domain.es.dns for domain.es zone.
> ; Zone version: 20074354509
> ;
>
> @ IN SOA ns.dnsserver.es. xx.domain.es. (
> 2007341509 ; serial number
[...]
> www CNAME domain.es.

Doesn't look all that wrong. What are the actual error messages you
get from BIND?

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de +49-172-7608481
Signature of: Friends are relatives you make for yourself.

"Figols, Ruben" 02-01-2008 12:01 PM

DNS zone files in Win 2k3 to Bind.

Because is a migration to a DNS server that not allows delegation.

I get some errors. When I import zone files, BIND takes a domain name only one letter or some errors appear and it does not form correctly records in zone files.

Thanks a lot,

Rubén Figols

> I cannot declare my bind as a secondary.

Why not?

> The only thing that I can do is import dns zone files ton bind.

Why?

> The format of these files is:

> ;
> ; Database file domain.es.dns for domain.es zone.
> ; Zone version: 20074354509
> ;
>
> @ IN SOA ns.dnsserver.es. xx.domain.es. (
> 2007341509 ; serial number
[...]

Jan-Benedict Glaw 02-01-2008 03:17 PM

On Fri, 2008-02-01 14:01:25 +0100, Figols, Ruben <Ruben.Figols@ntt.eu> wrote:
> De: Jan-Benedict Glaw [mailto:jbglaw@lug-owl.de]
> > On Thu, 2008-01-31 09:16:46 +0100, Figols, Ruben <Ruben.Figols@ntt.eu> wrote:
> > > The format of these files is:
> > >
> > > =========================================
> > > ;
> > > ; Database file domain.es.dns for domain.es zone.
> > > ; Zone version: 20074354509
> > > ;
> > >
> > > @ IN SOA ns.dnsserver.es. xx.domain.es. (
> > > 2007341509 ; serial number
> > [...]
> > > www CNAME domain.es.
> > > =========================================
> >
> > Doesn't look all that wrong. What are the actual error messages you
> > get from BIND?
>
> Because is a migration to a DNS server that not allows delegation.

BIND allows delegations. And (while not having it used) I cannot
think of a MS DNS server that doesn't allow so put NS RRs into a zone
file.

> I get some errors. When I import zone files, BIND takes a domain
> name only one letter or some errors appear and it does not form
> correctly records in zone files.

Please cut'p'paste the exact error message. Guessing doesn't help in a
professional environment.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de +49-172-7608481
Signature of: Wenn ich wach bin, träume ich.