Old 09-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Michelle Konzack

Default VOD, Streaming, TV and more under DEBIAN!

Hello ISP Colleges,

Since more then one year I try to get a website for

1) IP TV
2) IP Radio
3) VOD

with Debian Tools running but the quality is more worse than anything
else. The applications do not work stable over arround 12 hours, even
if I have only 2-4 customers runing on it.

So, what I want to do is a website where I can setup "IP Radio Streams"
with fixed program with breaks for Live-Streams (e.g. from a Studio for
Talk Shows and such)

Same count for "IP TV Streams"

Also I want to offer VOD (Video-On-Demand) where the customers can
choose the size of the Video (12Mbit HDTV, 6 Mbit, 3 Mbit, Podcast, ...)

Also I have the need to put an individual signature into the Streams and
DODs to trace illegal use of the videos.

Question: What tools do you use for this kind of job?

For the VOD I like to use the original files from my storage server and
create individual signed copies for the customers to download. Generaly
I prefer to use OGM files and I wan to force customers to use another
tool as the Windowws Media Payer becuase this crap of a program is
responsable for crashing my whole system (WMP create a DOS attack on the
systems with several 1000 queries and of course, it can not handel OGM
streams or VODs)

Note: My current Storage Server is a Sun Fire X4250 with over 22 TByte
of disk space, the two Streaming Servers are Sun Fire X4100M2
and the VOD Server a X4150 with 3 TByte of disk space

For me it is very important to get it running, since I am ongoing to
install next year the FTTH network in the Region where I live and there
will bemore then 40.000 customers.

Buying commercial software is no way, since it is VERY expensive and
would only (pricely) work if I have more then 100.000 cusomers.

And of course a last thing:

Is there someone in Gemany which can tell me WHO I have to contact
if I want to stream TV channels here?
I mean, I can capture the Satelite signals and multicast them
(with e.g. VLC) in my network, but AFAIK are there already
providers, which forward the TV Channels/Streams and I have
only to multicast them in my network (the Iskratel SI3000
support multicasing by default).

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France 77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/> <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de