Old 11-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Marek Mahut

Default F9 Name Proposal

Laith Juwaidah wrote:
> On Friday 23 November 2007 15:32:01 Marek Mahut wrote:
>> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
>>> Simply - Owl, Nightbird, Humming or Bird .
>> Why always choose sense-less names? I'm wondering why not take a name
>> of person to show their merits (from scientifics to lobbists).
>>
>> Fedora 9 codename Copernic
>> sounds great to me
>>
>> This would have more "culture" and human feeling that "moonshine" or
>> "werewolf".
>
> Read the bases on which a name should be chosen here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Names

Well, the old habits can be always changed.

--
Marek Mahut http://www.fedoraproject.org/
Fedora Project http://www.jamendo.com/

Old 11-24-2007, 09:36 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Nov 24, 2007 12:40 PM, Marek Mahut <mmahut@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Well, the old habits can be always changed.

The names of real people have really interesting trademark and
copyright issues. I would really like to avoid the potential
complication of having to license the use of a person's likeness in
the production of a fedora release.

-jef

Old 11-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Marek Mahut

Jeff,

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2007 12:40 PM, Marek Mahut <mmahut@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Well, the old habits can be always changed.
>
> The names of real people have really interesting trademark and
> copyright issues. I would really like to avoid the potential
> complication of having to license the use of a person's likeness in
> the production of a fedora release.

Hm, I don't think so, for example Zimbra is using names for their
releases. And I guess that titles of movies and names of wines has
stronger trademark as a human name