Old 09-14-2010, 05:49 PM
"Rodolfo Barbosa"

Default RES: Custom SAMBA groups

Navarro,

The group RH have the filesystem access granted. This is a
samba group but the folder to access is in the client
machine.

There is a folder "crogram filesRH System" on every
machine with Windows on the network. Some users have to
access this folder with read and write permissions. Instead
to add the individual access to every user to every machine
on the network, I have created an user group called RH witch
I have granted full access to the folder.
Did You understand? There is no smb level access only
filesystem level access because the folder is on the local
filesystem. If I grant full access to the "Domain Users"
group the user can write on the folder but with the RH group
he can't.

Thanks'
--
Rodolfo Barbosa
Lunar Consultoria

Old 09-15-2010, 01:42 PM
"Jesús M. Navarro"

Hi, Rodolfo:

On Tuesday 14 September 2010 19:49:48 Rodolfo Barbosa wrote:
> Navarro,
>
> The group RH have the filesystem access granted. This is a
> samba group but the folder to access is in the client
> machine.
>
> There is a folder "crogram filesRH System" on every
> machine with Windows on the network. Some users have to
> access this folder with read and write permissions. Instead
> to add the individual access to every user to every machine
> on the network, I have created an user group called RH witch
> I have granted full access to the folder.
> Did You understand?

I think so.

> There is no smb level access only
> filesystem level access because the folder is on the local
> filesystem. If I grant full access to the "Domain Users"
> group the user can write on the folder but with the RH group
> he can't.

It should work (I've done that before). The only thing I can think of is that
the group you are allowing access to is not really the group you think it is.

Let's say that the domain/workgroup defined in samba is EXAMPLE; are you sure
you are allowing access to the EXAMPLERH group instead of
LOCALMACHINERH (or "plain" RH, which is the same) one?

Cheers.