Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
"Rodolfo Barbosa"

Default Custom SAMBA groups

Hi,

I had to add a group on my samba server. This group is
called RH (Human Resources but in Portuguese) and I put
three users on it. When I give the writing permission on a
windows folder to this group I hope that the users in the
group could write in this folder but they can't. Is there
any configuration that I had to do on the samba server or
windows machines to make it work?

Thanks'
--
Rodolfo Barbosa
Lunar Consultoria

Old 09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
"Jesús M. Navarro"

Hi, Rodolfo:

On Tuesday 14 September 2010 16:26:21 Rodolfo Barbosa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to add a group on my samba server. This group is
> called RH (Human Resources but in Portuguese) and I put
> three users on it. When I give the writing permission on a
> windows folder to this group I hope that the users in the
> group could write in this folder but they can't. Is there
> any configuration that I had to do on the samba server or
> windows machines to make it work?

With regards to any networked filesystem you need to compound network access
permissions and local filesystem ones "ANDing" them (that's true even if you
use a Windows server instead of Linux+Samba).

So your RH group must have *both* write access at the network level (Samba)
*and* the local filesystem (I assume ext3). Does the RH group have write
access at the local filesystem level?

Cheers.