FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian ISP

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

Hello,

it seems, the spamfilter had eaten one of my messages send to a thread
2007/12 (something about SATA-Racks)...

I have a singel SCA-Unit which is 3U 5"25 and can hold up to five SCSI
SCS drives. Since my "APRAnorm" 6U Server Rack can hold up to nine 5"25
devices I am now searching for the manufacturer/vender of those racks.

Note: Those Multi-Racks do not have sliders... You an put the drives
directly into it. Also I like to get such Racks for SATA.

And last not least:

I have eight 160 GByte 2"5 SATA (server) drives in a µITX with a 3w8500
and I like to know, whether there are hotswap racks too...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack


--
Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant #####################
Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)
 
Old 01-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Kris Deugau
 
Default Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

Michelle Konzack wrote:

I have eight 160 GByte 2"5 SATA (server) drives in a µITX with a 3w8500
and I like to know, whether there are hotswap racks too...


Not sure where to find the 5-disk SCA bays you're looking for (FWIW, I'd
like to find a few myself), but something like this:


http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3041306&CatId=285

might fit your needs on the 2.5" SATA front.

(If you can't get anything useful out of that link, it's a Compucase
"hotswap cannister" for 4 2.5" SATA2 hard drives that fits in a single
5.25" bay.)


-kgd


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

Am 2008-01-16 12:41:43, schrieb Kris Deugau:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> >I have eight 160 GByte 2"5 SATA (server) drives in a µITX with a 3w8500
> >and I like to know, whether there are hotswap racks too...
>
> Not sure where to find the 5-disk SCA bays you're looking for (FWIW, I'd
> like to find a few myself), but something like this:
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3041306&CatId=285
>
> might fit your needs on the 2.5" SATA front.
>
> (If you can't get anything useful out of that link, it's a Compucase
> "hotswap cannister" for 4 2.5" SATA2 hard drives that fits in a single
> 5.25" bay.)

OK, found it at <http://www.pcmall.com/> for 99 US$/unit.

I have contacted them and waiting of the reply. Since shiping to Europe
is quiet expensive from the USA, I think, I will buy 10-20 (I need already
at least 4) and sell the unneeded ones over my Website here in Strasbourg.

If someone from France and/or Germany is interested, please contact me
provately...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant


--
Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant #####################
Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)
 
Old 02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
"Andrew McGlashan"
 
Default Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

Hi Michelle,


OK, found it at <http://www.pcmall.com/> for 99 US$/unit.

I have contacted them and waiting of the reply. Since shiping to Europe
is quiet expensive from the USA, I think, I will buy 10-20 (I need already
at least 4) and sell the unneeded ones over my Website here in Strasbourg.

If someone from France and/or Germany is interested, please contact me
provately...


I just called them and they informed me that they do not ship outside of the
US - so, no good for us in Australia or for you in Europe.


Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP

Current Land Line No: 03 9912 0504
Mobile: 04 2574 1827 Fax: 03 8790 1224

National No: 1300 85 3804

Affinity Vision Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.affinityvision.com.au
http://adsl2choice.net.au

In Case of Emergency -- http://www.affinityvision.com.au/ice.html


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

Hello Andrew,

Am 2008-02-11 04:14:46, schrieb Andrew McGlashan:
> I just called them and they informed me that they do not ship outside of
> the US - so, no good for us in Australia or for you in Europe.

Shit...
Maybe I find someone in the USA who can buy it and send it to me.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant


--
Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant #####################
Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)
 
Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Craig Sanders
 
Default Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 04:14:46AM +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> I just called them and they informed me that they do not ship outside of
> the US - so, no good for us in Australia or for you in Europe.

if you're in Australia and want a decent 5-in-3 SATA bay (i.e. 5x 3.5"
drives in 3x 5.25" drive bays), then try bits.com.au

i bought an Addonics unit from them back in December. it works quite
well. i think it was a little under $260 AUD including delivery to
Melbourne.

http://store.bits.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=53_63&products_id=12841


craig

ps: it's very similar to the no-name brand cheap taiwanese(??) 3-in-2
drive bay i already had. so similar that the caddies are interchangeable
between the two units. i'd guess that Addonics just rebadge them.
apparently there are several brands that are exactly the same.

OTOH, the caddies in the Addonics 5-in-3 unit were slightly better than
the caddies in the 3-in-2 unit. same construction, but the Addonics had
big holes cut into the bottom of the aluminium caddies for much better
air-flow.

i don't know if that's because Addonics do that themselves or if all the
5-in-3 units are like that.

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 AM
mlists
 
Default Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 12:08 +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 04:14:46AM +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> > I just called them and they informed me that they do not ship outside of
> > the US - so, no good for us in Australia or for you in Europe.
>
> if you're in Australia and want a decent 5-in-3 SATA bay (i.e. 5x 3.5"
> drives in 3x 5.25" drive bays), then try bits.com.au
>
> i bought an Addonics unit from them back in December. it works quite
> well. i think it was a little under $260 AUD including delivery to
> Melbourne.
>
> http://store.bits.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=53_63&products_id=12841
>

5-in-3 SATA:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/mobilerack/CSE-M35T-1.cfm

costs about euro 100

gr.
tinus


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-isp-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default Multi SATA/SCSI-Racks

Am 2008-02-14 08:59:36, schrieb mlists:
> 5-in-3 SATA:
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/mobilerack/CSE-M35T-1.cfm
>
> costs about euro 100

...and fro SuperMicro you get the SCS 5-in-3 too.
I have ordered last week 6 of them.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant


--
Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant #####################
Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:01 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright İ2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org