-   -   How To Manage Logmails (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/354209-how-manage-logmails.html)

Moritz Kobel 04-09-2010 07:19 AM

How To Manage Logmails

Hello,

we have several servers which generate logmails every day.
How do you manage these if several people should have access?
With a logmail-mailbox, a shared mailbox or a special software?

thx

Moritz

--
Wissen ist das einzige Gut, das sich vermehrt, wenn man es teilt.

Steve Kemp 04-09-2010 08:28 AM

How To Manage Logmails

On Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 09:19:40 +0200, Moritz Kobel wrote:

> we have several servers which generate logmails every day.

> How do you manage these if several people should have access?
> With a logmail-mailbox, a shared mailbox or a special software?

Install a mailing list manager, and configure all root mails
to go to:

sysadmin@lists.example.com

(Or some similarly named list.)

Then the people who should read them can do so by subscribing
to the list. I'll not suggest a particular mailing list package, but
mailman is surprisingly popular.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/