-   -   Bandwidth Accounting (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/32905-bandwidth-accounting.html)

Gavin Westwood 01-09-2008 12:50 PM

Bandwidth Accounting

What do other people/companies on this list use for user bandwidth
accounting on their server(s)?

At the moment I don't have anything proper in place, although I check
up on webalizer for each website's usage, and used ipac-ng to keep an
eye on throughput by protocol and in total.* I know that none of my
users can have reached their limits from ipac-ng's output and knowing
my own usage, however, having just upgraded the server to Etch, ipac-ng
doesn't work properly any more, just giving errors, so I ended up
removing it.

What options are there?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Gavin

--

Gavin Westwood

Solutium

http://www.solutium.net
- Going the extra mile to provide a fast,
helpful, reliable Web Hosting service.

Frederik Denkens 01-09-2008 01:24 PM

Bandwidth Accounting

Hi,

Same challenge here. It used to be quite simple by using
Apache/mailserver logging to MySQL for shared hostings and email and
just logging the SNMP stats on switch ports for dedicated and colo
customers. But multiple servers on different VLAN's on one switch port
and Virtualized services are currently not measured because we have no
consolidated measuring tool.

Any ideas, both open-source and commercial would be great.

Regards,

Frederik.