Old 01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Michelle Konzack

Default reserved local parts of mailservers

Hello *,

do you know, whether there is a list of words which $USER should not use
in there E-Mails? Currently it is me WHO create new MAIL users, but WHY
should I <lazy_mailadmin>, if they can do it there own?

I am already blocking any local parts which contain:

admin
info
root
postmaster
webmaster
faxmaster
smsmaster
ftpmaster
hostmaster
listmaster
jobs
support
support-rt
abuse
abuse-rt
reply
no-reply
gateway
sms
fax
mms
voip
vod

and a list of fool words... Any additional suggestions?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/> Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/> Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/> 50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de 67100 Strabourg/France
IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com) Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ #328449886 Tel. FR: +33 6 61925193

Old 01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Seth Mattinen

On 1/25/10 8:00 AM, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> do you know, whether there is a list of words which $USER should not use
> in there E-Mails? Currently it is me WHO create new MAIL users, but WHY
> should I <lazy_mailadmin>, if they can do it there own?

'abuse' and 'postmaster' are in an RFC somewhere. The rest are up to you.

~Seth

Old 02-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Matus UHLAR - fantomas

On 25.01.10 10:40, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> 'abuse' and 'postmaster' are in an RFC somewhere. The rest are up to you.

RFC2142 it is.

You can reserve some others, e.g. equal to your system login names, but note
that someone may still create something you won't like and will be afraid
of. (hotline, support, administrator ...)

We are but packets in the Internet of life (userfriendly.org)