Old 01-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Thomas Goirand

Default 4U 10x 1U ITx blade

Hi,

I'm searching for a 4U case that would have 10 blades for ITx
motherboards. I have found this so far:

http://www.sightsystems.co.uk/products/product.php?productid=A2D944D5-8C53-11DE-B3D4-00163E240003

but the company said to me that they need specific ITx boards, not the
one that I want to use.

Has anyone found such chassis on the market? Ideally, I'd be happy if it
had 2HDD per blade, but I'm not sure that's even possible.

Thomas

Old 01-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Michelle Konzack

Hello,

Am 2010-01-13 15:38:11, schrieb Thomas Goirand:
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for a 4U case that would have 10 blades for ITx
> motherboards. I have found this so far:

ITX in 4U? -- If I see this right, the they do not use REAL ITX
motherbards, but there own version of it.

> http://www.sightsystems.co.uk/products/product.php?productid=A2D944D5-8C53-11DE-B3D4-00163E240003

I d something similar, but with a 4U Electronic Rackmount with a PCB
size of 100x220mm (standard). Curently I have only one Geode with
850Mhz and an OMAP L-138 runing.

> but the company said to me that they need specific ITx boards, not the
> one that I want to use.

This is right...

> Has anyone found such chassis on the market? Ideally, I'd be happy if it
> had 2HDD per blade, but I'm not sure that's even possible.

Geek! On my OMAP L-138 I have a SATA port and I conected an Oxford 2-Ch
Port Multiplier... The two 2"5 SATA drives use arround 120mm in depth
which mean, thre are only 75mmx90 space for the Microcontroller and
memory...

The ITX-Blades are highly customized... There are nothing standard.

Question: What do you want to do with it?

Currently I am searching for a better and faster (>1000MHz) ARM1176JZF-S
and like to build such rackmounts my own...

Sorry, my website is currently broken...

<http://www.electronica.tamay-dogan.net/>

I am designing special Low-Energie Elecronics based on 8051/ARM C and
of course as "Open Hardware Development" in the sense of "Open Source"

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/> Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/> Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/> 50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de 67100 Strabourg/France
IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com) Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ #328449886 Tel. FR: +33 6 61925193