-   -   What do you do against spaming? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/304526-what-do-you-do-against-spaming.html)

Michelle Konzack 01-05-2010 11:13 AM

What do you do against spaming?

Hello *,

In some days I get a new FTTH line and have setup RT to handel <abuse>
and <postmaster> but since yesterday, my <abuse> account is spamed by
more then 5 messages per second. It seems to be a DOS against my domain
<tdwave.net>.

How do you handel spam on <abuse> and <postmaster>?

Do you use CR <ürgs> on those E-Mail addresses?

My RT count is currently 163.000and I had to stop thse two accounts for
now...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/> Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/> Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/> 50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de 67100 Strabourg/France
IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com) Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ #328449886 Tel. FR: +33 6 61925193

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh 01-10-2010 05:03 PM

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> In some days I get a new FTTH line and have setup RT to handel <abuse>
> and <postmaster> but since yesterday, my <abuse> account is spamed by
> more then 5 messages per second. It seems to be a DOS against my domain
> <tdwave.net>.
>
> How do you handel spam on <abuse> and <postmaster>?

Zen RBL (reject at connect time), strong filtering, and whomever slacks in
the job gets the boring function of waddling through the spam folder.

Greylisting can help as well, as well as severe rate limits.

> Do you use CR <ürgs> on those E-Mail addresses?

CR is Evil, and when coupled with spam, it makes you a backscatterer and
maybe even an email DoS amplifier.

Henrique Holschuh