Old 12-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Ward Vandewege

Default LowCost SATA card with 8 and more ports

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 05:17:08PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The only SATA cards I know with 8+ ports are the one from 3Ware and some
> others but they are expensive Raid 5/50/6 ones...
>
> I need for a project only a NORMAL SATA card with 8 (or 12) Ports since
> I have only two PCI-Slots available ion my Mini-ITX.
>
> Can someone recommend me a LowCost 8-Port SATA card please?

We've been using Supermicro AOC-SAT-MV8 a lot lately:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-SAT2-MV8.cfm

They are cheap (about $100) and perform decently. No raid capability
whatsoever built in, which suits us just fine since we like to use software
raid.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be -( "Thanks, and THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how )-
Virtual hosting -( many times can we get it wrong? At some point, we just )-