Old 12-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Michelle Konzack

Default ADSL2+ Modem-Router with more then one IP

Hello,

for a new project I have gotten an ADSL2+ offer of a french ISP where I
can have up to 16 fixed IP's and have 22,8/1,8MBit plus two analog
telephone lines (over VoIP).

Now there is a problem, because all ADSL-Modem-Router I know, can handle
only one IP and portforwarding from only one IP.

And the Router provided by the ISP assum, you connect ONLY a switch to
the ADSL-Modem-Router and then connect your Servers and Workstations
directly... -- For me a thing of impossibility for security reasons.

I have tried to put an ADSL-Modem-Router in Modus "Modem with PPPoE" and
then let my Debian Router (4.0) let do the stuff, but the ppp(oe) stuff
crashs all the time and has created 40-80 ppp-Devices and then confused
my internal network routing table, so I was not more able to connect via
PCMCIA-GSM card to solv the problem. The router had to be reseted hard.

Does anyone of you know an ADSL2+ compatible Modem-Router (Annex A, DSL
over POTs) which support up to 16 fixed IP's AND has 2 connectors for
analog Telephones?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

Old 01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Michael Neuffer

Michelle Konzack wrote:

[...]

Have a look at the boxes from AVM.
http://www.fritzbox.eu/en/products/FRITZBox_Fon_WLAN/
I think the 7170 and the new 7270 should be able to do what you need
and more.

I have the old 7050 on an ADSL2+ Connection with 16/1MBit.

All of them speak Annex A and B, run Linux and have an active community
of people enhancing the firmware with add-ons....

Cheers
Mike

Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Craig Sanders

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 04:02:27PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> for a new project I have gotten an ADSL2+ offer of a french ISP where I
> can have up to 16 fixed IP's and have 22,8/1,8MBit plus two analog
> telephone lines (over VoIP).
>
> Now there is a problem, because all ADSL-Modem-Router I know, can handle
> only one IP and portforwarding from only one IP.

most that i know of can do normal routing, and allow you to disable
NAT.

i.e. it should just work.

> And the Router provided by the ISP assum, you connect ONLY a switch to
> the ADSL-Modem-Router and then connect your Servers and Workstations
> directly... -- For me a thing of impossibility for security reasons.
>
> I have tried to put an ADSL-Modem-Router in Modus "Modem with PPPoE" and

i guess you mean "bridge mode". that's how i have my ADSL set up at
home. the modem in dumb bridge mode, with my linux gw running pppoe,
routing, firewalling, squid, dns, MTA, and everything else.

> then let my Debian Router (4.0) let do the stuff, but the ppp(oe) stuff
> crashs all the time and has created 40-80 ppp-Devices and then confused
> my internal network routing table, so I was not more able to connect via
> PCMCIA-GSM card to solv the problem. The router had to be reseted hard.

dunno what you're doing, but i've been running numerous linux ADSL gateways
similar to what i describe above for the last several years. never had
a problem.

> Does anyone of you know an ADSL2+ compatible Modem-Router (Annex A, DSL
> over POTs) which support up to 16 fixed IP's AND has 2 connectors for
> analog Telephones?

dunno if they have FXO/FXS ports for phones, but you could try one of
the many little ADSL routers that can run openWRT[1] (or one of the many
variants). e.g the WRT54G, or one of the dozens of clones on the market.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openwrt

OTOH, it should be possible to just disable NAT on your existing
adsl modem/router and have it Just Work.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

"With so many mindbytes to be downloaded, so many mental codons to be
replicated, it is no wonder that child brains are gullible, open to
almost any suggestion, vulnerable to subversion, easy prey to Moonies,
Scientologists and nuns. Like immune-deficient patients, children are
wide open to mental infections that adults might brush off without effort."
[Richard Dawkins, "Viruses of the Mind"]

Old 01-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Dominique Görsch

Michelle Konzack wrote:

for a new project I have gotten an ADSL2+ offer of a french ISP where I
can have up to 16 fixed IP's and have 22,8/1,8MBit plus two analog
telephone lines (over VoIP).

Now there is a problem, because all ADSL-Modem-Router I know, can handle
only one IP and portforwarding from only one IP.

Have a look at routers able to run openWRT, ie. the Linksys-Boxes or
Netgear WGT634T. But they are only routers (some with wifi), to
terminate the VoIP you need other hardware like an ATA or an ip-phone.

On some boxes with openWRT you can use each switchport as an individual
interface, so you can have several(sub)nets with different rights
(packet filter) and routing. Behind my Netgear i have two (sub)nets, my
lan and a dmz-network. But there is a catch in it! Beween the networks
my box only can handle up to 2,5MB/s data througput, that's why i took
my fileserver out of the dmz in the lan.

Best regards
Dominique Görsch

PS: Please excuse my bad english.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Jens Franik

Guten Tag Michelle Konzack,

am Samstag, 29. Dezember 2007 um 16:02 schriebst Du:

> for a new project I have gotten an ADSL2+ offer of a french ISP where I
> can have up to 16 fixed IP's and have 22,8/1,8MBit plus two analog
> telephone lines (over VoIP).
>
> Now there is a problem, because all ADSL-Modem-Router I know, can handle
> only one IP and portforwarding from only one IP.
>
> Does anyone of you know an ADSL2+ compatible Modem-Router (Annex A, DSL
> over POTs) which support up to 16 fixed IP's AND has 2 connectors for
> analog Telephones?

I am not sure with the Connectors for analog Phones, but maybe, ask
them...

But i had 2 DSL Lines on one Plug with 1 Dynamic and 1 fixed with a
/25 Subnet of official IPs routed from an own DSLAM.

Look at Bintec, the x1200 and x2300 do this, maybe you have to enter
it on the shell, but its possible.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jens Franik

Old 01-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Michelle Konzack

Am 2008-01-04 18:29:39, schrieb Michael Neuffer:
> Have a look at the boxes from AVM.
> http://www.fritzbox.eu/en/products/FRITZBox_Fon_WLAN/
> I think the 7170 and the new 7270 should be able to do what you need
> and more.
>
> I have the old 7050 on an ADSL2+ Connection with 16/1MBit.
>
> All of them speak Annex A and B, run Linux and have an active community
> of people enhancing the firmware with add-ons....

Annex A and B at the same time? Never heared of this, since I find only
references to Annex B (DSL over ISDN) which does only in germany exist.

OK, I will look for it tomorrow...

Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Alexandros Papadopoulos

On Tuesday 08 January 2008 20:30, Michelle Konzack wrote:
<snip>
> Annex A and B at the same time? Never heared of this, since I find only
> references to Annex B (DSL over ISDN) which does only in germany exist.

Nope - some geniuses are implementing DSL over ISDN in Greece as well. Even
though I too have not heard of both Annex A & B capable devices.

-A