Old 12-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Andrew Miehs

Default Etch, Cyrus, Logging region out of memory

Dear List,

anyone seen this before - I has started happening on a daily basis on
one of my machines:

Dec 29 06:27:34 fred cyrus/lmtpunix[2355]: executed
Dec 29 06:27:34 fred cyrus/lmtpunix[2355]: DBERROR db4: Logging region
out of memory; you may need to increase its size
Dec 29 06:27:34 fred cyrus/lmtpunix[2355]: DBERROR: opening /var/lib/
cyrus/deliver.db: Cannot allocate memory
Dec 29 06:27:34 fred cyrus/lmtpunix[2355]: DBERROR: opening /var/lib/
cyrus/deliver.db: cyrusdb error
Dec 29 06:27:34 fred cyrus/lmtpunix[2355]: FATAL: lmtpd: unable to
init duplicate delivery database

This is running Debian Etch.

Have had a look through the mailing lists and haven't found much, that
is why I am wondering whether it has something to

do with the etch packages...

Thoughts?

Cheers

Andrew

Old 12-30-2007, 10:27 AM
"andrew holway"

Is this on a virtual machine? I get problems similar to this when my
resource allocations are too small. For instance Exim will start and
look perfectly happy but will throw a wobbly when it tries to do
anything. I suggest you look to see if you have enough resources
available.

Ta

Andy

Old 12-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Andrew Miehs

Is this on a virtual machine? I get problems similar to this when my
resource allocations are too small. For instance Exim will start and
look perfectly happy but will throw a wobbly when it tries to do
anything. I suggest you look to see if you have enough resources
available.

Is a thought - am running under Xen...

total used free shared buffers
cached
Mem: 262292 253412 8880 0 13596
198904

-/+ buffers/cache: 40912 221380
Swap: 524280 28 524252

Memory doesnt seem to be the problem
Disk isn't either...

As for other resources - have no idea what would be different in a
virtual machine

other than these...

Cheers

Andrew