Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 AM
"Wojciech Ziniewicz"

Default sasl auth with exclusion for a relay host

Hi all,
I have an email server that has about 1 k users . There was no
authentication besides the "reply-to" auth ( done with
check_recipient_access and check_sender_access )

I decided to move to SASL auth but my server relays mail for another 3
exchange servers . Users on those M$ES are authenticated on their
servers but there's also a "reply-to" auth that i mentioned what means
that when they add an user , I have to add this user to my map too.

The question is - after I implement SASL and I will remove the
"check_(recipient|sender)_access" entries in main.cf - what will
happen with the relay hosts that i relay mail to ? My hosts that i
relay mail to are defined in transport_maps .

Will SASL prevent emails being relayed to theese hosts or it will pass
is through without an action ?

regards and thanks 4 your time.

--
Wojciech Ziniewicz
Unix SEX :{look;gawk;find;sed;talk;grep;touch;finger;find;f l

Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Marek Podmaka

Hello,

Friday, December 14, 2007, 10:57:44, Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:

> Will SASL prevent emails being relayed to theese hosts or it will pass
> is through without an action ?

Authentification (SASL for example) is not required to accept mail for
your domain (my_destination in postfix) from anyone OR for domains you
are relaying OR messages sent from trusted_hosts/your network. All
other messages are subject to authentification.

--
bYE, Marki

Old 12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
"Wojciech Ziniewicz"

2007/12/14, Marek Podmaka <marki@marki-online.net>:

> Authentification (SASL for example) is not required to accept mail for
> your domain (my_destination in postfix) from anyone OR for domains you
> are relaying OR messages sent from trusted_hosts/your network. All
> other messages are subject to authentification.

thank you, I have a lack of postfix knowledge.