Old 09-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Hajo Kessener

Default SAN for Debian

Same here, works out of the box with QLogic QLE2462 HBA and native
multipath I/O support (packages: multipath-tools, dmsetup).

Kind regards,
Hajo Kessener

Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Jonathan McDowell

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:34:07PM +0200, Hajo Kessener wrote:
> Adrian Minta schrieb:
> > Rodolfo Barbosa wrote:
> >> Does any one has a tip to how choose a SAN solution to work with
> >> Debian?
> > Any SAN solution works as long as the FC card works.
> Same here, works out of the box with QLogic QLE2462 HBA and native
> multipath I/O support (packages: multipath-tools, dmsetup).

Yup; I've had QLogic, Emulex and LSI cards all working under etch.
multipath tools handles the path failover and everything else isn't a
lot different than local SCSI.

J.

--
jid: noodles@jabber.earth.li
"I put it down to corrosive groin sweat

Old 09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
"Scott Edwards"

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Rodolfo Barbosa
<barbosa.rodolfo@lunarconsultoria.com.br> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Does any one has a tip to how choose a SAN solution to work with Debian?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Rodolfo Barbosa

I was thinking of running open-solaris x86 under XEN and passing it a
pair of HB FCA (one per PCI bridge if possible), but my new iSCSI
cards are rolling in soon. If you only have one HB FCA in the
machine, that will be a single point of failure. I haven't dug very
deep into the open-solaris possibility.

Regards,

Scott Edwards
-- http://daxal.com/?from=debian+isp