Old 09-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace

Default MySQL Proxy

Hi All,

Is anyone using MySQL Proxy (http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy)?

We have a requirement that it may be able to solve however I'm put off
by the fact that it states "Alpha version - not for production use" on
the homepage.

Am I right to stay away from it, or is it more stable than the author
gives himself credit for?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew@truthisfreedom.org.uk

Old 09-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Jean-Paul Blaquiere

> On Sep 12, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace illuminated :

> Is anyone using MySQL Proxy (http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy)?

It seems I am in talkative mode today

We evaluated it earlier this year and decided against it for that exact
reason. Not production ready. and, if I recall, correctly, the
features we wanted to use were still buggy.

What is the exact problem you are trying to solve?

./jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere
jeanpaul@blaquiere.id.au