Old 09-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Paweł Krzywicki

Default some weird upgrade problem

Hi,
I have tried upgrade my Debian yesterday and apt showed me an weird error.
I am having the problem with python-libxml2 package. I have also
in /usr/share/doc/python-libxml2/examples directory files like that:

?????????? ? ? ? ? ? schema.py
?????????? ? ? ? ? ? serialize.py
?????????? ? ? ? ? ? sync.py

date of creation is of these files is 1st Jun1970 ?!
I cannot do absolutely nothing with them. I have tried to use live CD and
mount my drive not as a system one and remove them (rm -f), change owner of
these files, nothing seems to be working with them. Every time when I am
trying to do something I have straight something like: "You don't have an
access to the file" (?!) Do you have any ideas how to fix that.
thanks in advance
--
Regards Pawel Krzywicki

Old 09-07-2008, 02:33 AM
Michael Loftis

sounds like either filesystem corruption or something else gone awry. try
using fsck -f to force a check of the affected filesystem. if it goes
through a full check and finds nothing then maybe check the attributes
using lsattr on the files affected.

--On September 7, 2008 2:53:00 AM +0100 Paweł Krzywicki
[...]

Modwest Operations Manager
Powerful, Affordable Web Hosting