Old 12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Maykel Moya

Default Problems installing Etch on HP Proliant ML530 G2

(If this isn't the correct list, please let me know what is)

I'm trying to install Etch r1 on a Proliant ML530 G2. The installation
worked fine until 'Detecting network hardware' screen. It takes several
minutes on that screen, at the end pass.

I retried with expert mode. Jumped over 'Detect disks', the disks are
not detected.

Tried too booting with 'noapic nolapic' options but at the end I haven't
be able to reach the disk partitioner.

Any hint will be appreciated. The server had a outdated OS (Centos 2.1)
we are trying to upgrade but in the interim the mail service is down.

Regards,
maykel

PD: Please CC me, I'm not suscribed with this account

Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Keith Edmunds

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 18:11:42 -0500, moya@latertulia.org said:

> (If this isn't the correct list, please let me know what is)

Probably Debian Users would be better.

> I'm trying to install Etch r1 on a Proliant ML530 G2. The installation
> worked fine until 'Detecting network hardware' screen. It takes several
> minutes on that screen, at the end pass.
>
> I retried with expert mode. Jumped over 'Detect disks', the disks are
> not detected.

So your network wasn't detected; you tried again and omitted "Detect
disks" and your disks were not detected? Hardly surprising. Do you mean
that initially your disks, not network, were not detected?

> PD: Please CC me, I'm not suscribed with this account

It is unreasonable to expect other list users to CC you just because you
can't be bothered to read this list.

Keith

--
Keith Edmunds