Old 08-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Paul van der Vlis

Default Statistics program

Hello,

I would like a program for statistics for all sites on my hostingserver,
something like awstats or webaliser. And I am looking for a way how the
users get access etc. to the statistics. Could be with a simple
.htaccess but maybe there is something betters. How do you do it?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/

Old 08-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:14:50 +0200
Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> wrote:

> I would like a program for statistics for all sites on my
> hostingserver, something like awstats or webaliser. And I am looking
> for a way how the users get access etc. to the statistics. Could be
> with a simple .htaccess but maybe there is something betters. How do
> you do it?

Using awstats and .htaccess files on a per-vhost basis...

)

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew@truthisfreedom.org.uk

Old 08-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Maarten Vink

I would like a program for statistics for all sites on my
hostingserver, something like awstats or webaliser. And I am looking
for a way how the users get access etc. to the statistics. Could be
with a simple .htaccess but maybe there is something betters. How do
you do it?

Using awstats and .htaccess files on a per-vhost basis...

And don't forget awstats totals: http://www.telartis.nl/xcms/awstats

This will give you an overview of the stats for all websites on your
server.

Maarten

Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Gavin Westwood

I would like a program for statistics for
all sites on my

hostingserver, something like awstats or webaliser. And I am looking

for a way how the users get access etc. to the statistics. Could be

with a simple .htaccess but maybe there is something betters.* How do

you do it?

Using awstats and .htaccess files on a per-vhost basis...

And don't forget awstats totals: http://www.telartis.nl/xcms/awstats

This will give you an overview of the stats for all websites on your
server.

And if you are running Awstats as a cgi - remember to keep up to date
with vulnerabilities, for instance this one announced only a couple of
days ago:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/495770

Gavin

--

Gavin Westwood

Solutium

http://www.solutium.net - Going the extra mile to provide a fast,
helpful, reliable Web Hosting service.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Thomas Goirand

Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like a program for statistics for all sites on my hostingserver,
> something like awstats or webaliser. And I am looking for a way how the
> users get access etc. to the statistics. Could be with a simple
> .htaccess but maybe there is something betters. How do you do it?
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.

If I may, visitors is quite good too:

http://www.hping.org/visitors/

it's available in Debian.

Thomas

Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Marek Podmaka

Hello,

Thursday, August 28, 2008, 12:27:42, Maarten Vink wrote:

> And don't forget awstats totals: http://www.telartis.nl/xcms/awstats

> This will give you an overview of the stats for all websites on your
> server.

Interesting script... But is it usable also for many vhosts (around
300) which some of them have 40-100 MB awstats.txt files?

I have my own perl script[1] which puts this info to database and php
script which display them, but only the bandwidth. I also display
average month traffic for each domain and total traffic for domain in
current month and over all data.

[1]: http://www.marki-online.net/awstats-scripts/

--
bYE, Marki