-   -   Connecting branch with VPN (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/14738-connecting-branch-vpn.html)

Luiz Felipe 12-07-2007 05:45 PM

Connecting branch with VPN

Hello everyone,

I have a VPN server (pptpd) and I'd like to connect a branch with it. It
connects and everything goes fine.

The problem is: the network in the branch is different from the central
site, which implies me that everytime it connects, I must type the route
to the branch. This happens because the gateway is only available only
when the VPN is connected, and when the it goes down the route goes as well.

So, the problem is :
* I must insert a route that is permanent even when the interface of the
gateway is down

OR
* I must execute a command when a new client connects on pptpd.

Thanks for any reply.

--
Att,
Luiz Felipe de Souza Gomes

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
acredita-se estar livre de perigo.

Roberto C. Sánchez 12-07-2007 07:58 PM

Connecting branch with VPN

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 03:45:10PM -0300, Luiz Felipe wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a VPN server (pptpd) and I'd like to connect a branch with it. It
> connects and everything goes fine.
>
> The problem is: the network in the branch is different from the central
> site, which implies me that everytime it connects, I must type the route
> to the branch. This happens because the gateway is only available only
> when the VPN is connected, and when the it goes down the route goes as well.
>
> So, the problem is :
> * I must insert a route that is permanent even when the interface of the
> gateway is down
> OR
> * I must execute a command when a new client connects on pptpd.

Are you connecting a branch's entire network or are some clients needing
on demand connections to the VPN? If the former, just use IPsec and
have the VPN gateway route traffic. If the latter, then just use
IPsec+L2TP.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez
http://people.connexer.com/~roberto

Luiz Felipe 12-08-2007 06:37 PM

Connecting branch with VPN

Thank you for the answer.

A guy named Frederik Kriewitz answered my question: Just use a ip-up
script to add the route.

That's it. He saved my weekend ;D

Thank you all.

Best regards,