Old 07-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Paul van der Vlis

Default Supermicro IPMI and shell

Hello,

I have a Supermicro PDSMi+ mainboard with an AOC-IPMI20-E IPMI card
(with shared LAN). Trough IPMI I can see the bios and grub, I can see
the kernel starting, but I never get a shell...

In /etc/inittab I have:
T1:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS1 19200 vt100

In /boot/grub/menu.lst I have (on one line):
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 root=/dev/md0 ro quiet
console=tty0 console=ttyS1,19200n8r

Does somebody else have experience with this?

Another point is the <del> key to insert the bios after booting, this
key does not work. (With the vt100 console-type I can use the backspace
to access the bios, but this is not normal)

Met vriendelijke groet,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/