Old 06-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Seth Mattinen

Default 3Ware 9650SE Sata Raid Controller

Shane Chrisp wrote:

Hi,

Im putting together a new server basically just for disk storage and I
am looking at the new 3Ware 9650SE-4LPML controller for the 1RU server
it will go into. My question is whether anyone here has been using this
range of controllers and what your thoughts are on these? I know the old
IDE range 92xx controllers were great, I still have a few floating
around, but are they still as good?

I use 9650SE's and 9550SX's (all with BBU) very heavily. I did hit that
RAID6 bug with the 9650SE once, but there's a firmware fix for that.
Otherwise, no issues at all.

--
Seth Mattinen sethm@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC

Old 06-10-2008, 01:14 PM

Shane Chrisp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im putting together a new server basically just for disk storage and I
> am looking at the new 3Ware 9650SE-4LPML controller for the 1RU server
> it will go into. My question is whether anyone here has been using this
> range of controllers and what your thoughts are on these? I know the old
> IDE range 92xx controllers were great, I still have a few floating
> around, but are they still as good?

We've been using the 95XX and 96XX series for all our boxes the past few
years, with nothing but success. The 3dm2 Debian binaries is a breeze to
set up, and we have yet to see any problems regarding high load on the
disks.

Best regards,
Kim
--