Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 AM
Guo Yixuan

Default About maintenance of gcc-doc-defaults, gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg, gcc-4.6-doc, gcc-4.7-doc

Dear GCC Maintainers,

I'm working on updating gcc's documents, that is to upload 4 packages.
gcc-4.6-doc and gcc-4.7-doc already reached sid, with Samuel as
maintainer, me as uploader, by Steffen's sponsoring.

For gcc-doc-defaults[3] and gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg[4]: debian-gcc is the
current maintainer, so I'm asking you for a clear permission for me to
take over them, (that is, adding myself to Uploaders while keep
debian-gcc as Maintainer). Nikita, the current uploader, already
acknowledged my work and agreed me to take over maintenace. As there
don't seem to be anyone else working on these two packages[1][2], I
think it's proper for me to ask for maintenance.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=618351#30
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=684082#10
[3] http://mentors.debian.net/package/gcc-doc-defaults
[4] http://mentors.debian.net/package/gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg

Regards,

Guo Yixuan

Old 10-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Matthias Klose

On 04.10.2012 07:00, Guo Yixuan wrote:
> Dear GCC Maintainers,
>
> I'm working on updating gcc's documents, that is to upload 4 packages.
> gcc-4.6-doc and gcc-4.7-doc already reached sid, with Samuel as maintainer, me
> as uploader, by Steffen's sponsoring.
>
> For gcc-doc-defaults[3] and gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg[4]: debian-gcc is the current
> maintainer, so I'm asking you for a clear permission for me to take over them,
> (that is, adding myself to Uploaders while keep debian-gcc as Maintainer).
> Nikita, the current uploader, already acknowledged my work and agreed me to take
> over maintenace. As there don't seem to be anyone else working on these two
> packages[1][2], I think it's proper for me to ask for maintenance.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=618351#30
> [2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=684082#10
> [3] http://mentors.debian.net/package/gcc-doc-defaults
> [4] http://mentors.debian.net/package/gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg

I'm fine if somebody wants to upload these, and sponsor follow-up uploads
however I'm not doing this myself.

Matthias