Old 09-23-2012, 10:07 PM
"Christophe Prud'homme"

Default g++-4.6.3-10 has massive ice

Dear Debian GCC maintainers,

with 4.6.3-10 I get massive ice (on almost all C++ object files I compile).
To fix that I reverted to -8.
I reported this but didn't get the email from the BTS nor does it show
in the bugs database yet.

4.7-x is in a similar state for me since it generates also faulty code
for -On n>=1 I don't really care for now.

Best regards
C.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Matthias Klose

On 24.09.2012 00:07, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
> Dear Debian GCC maintainers,
>
> with 4.6.3-10 I get massive ice (on almost all C++ object files I compile).
> To fix that I reverted to -8.
> I reported this but didn't get the email from the BTS nor does it show
> in the bugs database yet.
>
> 4.7-x is in a similar state for me since it generates also faulty code
> for -On n>=1 I don't really care for now.

unless you come up with a reproducible test case, I'll ignore this issue.

I can't reproduce your feel++ example, and looking at it, the configuration is
very strange, using 4.6 as the c++ compiler and 4.7 as the C compiler.

Please be productive.

Matthias