Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Robert Millan

Default RFC: auto-load of D-I drivers in GNU/kFreeBSD

Hi,

Here's my proposed plan for auto-load of kFreeBSD drivers in D-I
environment. Currently this involves USB modules only (for now,
non-USB drivers for network and storage are built into kernel):

1- Add libstdc++6-udeb package (needed by devd).

2- Add devd-udeb package.

3- Start devd in src/sbin/init-kfreebsd (rather than
/lib/debian-installer-startup.d, since we need to provide USB serial
devices before init, as per #493865).

4- Add build/pkg-lists/devd file to debian-installer package (akin to
build/pkg-lists/udev).

Comments?

--
Robert Millan