-   Debian GCC (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-gcc/)
-   -   backporting gcc 4.7 to squeeze (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-gcc/617322-backporting-gcc-4-7-squeeze.html)

Faheem Mitha 01-05-2012 05:58 AM

backporting gcc 4.7 to squeeze

I'm trying to backport gcc 4.7 to squeeze. The missing build dependency I
have is a sufficiently recent binutils. I built 2.22-2 from testing. My
question is whether it is safe to install it on a squeeze machine. Will it
break anything?

Alternatively, is it possible to get around the requirement for a more
recent binutils. and make do with the squeeze one?

Please CC me on any reply, I'm not subscribed. Thanks.

Regards, Faheem