FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian GCC

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Stefan Fritsch
 
Default Bug#582876: gdc-4.3 needs tighter versioned dependency on gcc-4.3-base

Package: gdc-4.3
Version: 1:1.046-4.3.4-5
Severity: serious

gdc 4.3.4 does not work with gcc-4.3-base 4.3.5:


$ gdc -c test_md5.d
gdc: error trying to exec 'cc1d': execvp: No such file or directory

The problem is that it looks for cc1d in /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.4/
but gcc-4.3-base 4.3.5 only contains the symlink
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.5 -> 4.3

gdc-4.3 should probably depend on:
gcc-4.3-base (>= current upstream minor version),
gcc-4.3-base (< next upstream minor version)



-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=de_DE, LC_CTYPE=de_DE (charmap=ISO-8859-1)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages gdc-4.3 depends on:
ii g++-4.3 4.3.5-1 The GNU C++ compiler
ii gcc-4.3-base 4.3.5-1 The GNU Compiler Collection (base
ii libc6 2.10.2-9 Embedded GNU C Library: Shared lib
ii libgcc1 1:4.4.4-2 GCC support library
ii libgmp3c2 2:4.3.2+dfsg-1 Multiprecision arithmetic library
ii libmpfr1ldbl 2.4.2-3 multiple precision floating-point
ii libphobos-4.3-dev 1:1.046-4.3.4-5 The phobos D standard library
ii libstdc++6 4.4.4-2 The GNU Standard C++ Library v3

gdc-4.3 recommends no packages.

gdc-4.3 suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-gcc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100524103520.5349.88012.reportbug@k.lan">http://lists.debian.org/20100524103520.5349.88012.reportbug@k.lan
 
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Stefan Fritsch
 
Default Bug#582876: gdc-4.3 needs tighter versioned dependency on gcc-4.3-base

On Monday 24 May 2010, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 24.05.2010 12:35, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > Package: gdc-4.3
> > Version: 1:1.046-4.3.4-5
> > Severity: serious
> >
> > gdc 4.3.4 does not work with gcc-4.3-base 4.3.5:

I think you forgot to give an explanation why you closed this bug. Or
was the closing done by accident?



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-gcc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201005242021.57381.sf@sfritsch.de">http://lists.debian.org/201005242021.57381.sf@sfritsch.de
 
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Iain Buclaw
 
Default Bug#582876: gdc-4.3 needs tighter versioned dependency on gcc-4.3-base

On 24 May 2010 19:21, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:

On Monday 24 May 2010, Matthias Klose wrote:

> On 24.05.2010 12:35, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> > Package: gdc-4.3

> > Version: 1:1.046-4.3.4-5

> > Severity: serious

> >

> > gdc 4.3.4 does not work with gcc-4.3-base 4.3.5:



I think you forgot to give an explanation why you closed this bug. Or

was the closing done by accident?





The upgrade to 4.3.5 has only been done this weekend, and gcc has to be compiled and uploaded first before gdc can be built against it.
As for the bumping of gdc, has only been recently done, see link for current status.
https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=gdc-4.3
When it is uploaded for your�architecture, update the package, then try again. If problems persist, don't hesitate to reply back.

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
 
Old 05-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Stefan Fritsch
 
Default Bug#582876: gdc-4.3 needs tighter versioned dependency on gcc-4.3-base

On Tuesday 25 May 2010, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 24 May 2010 19:21, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:
> > On Monday 24 May 2010, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > > On 24.05.2010 12:35, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > > > Package: gdc-4.3
> > > > Version: 1:1.046-4.3.4-5
> > > > Severity: serious
> >
> > > > gdc 4.3.4 does not work with gcc-4.3-base 4.3.5:
> > I think you forgot to give an explanation why you closed this
> > bug. Or was the closing done by accident?
>
> The upgrade to 4.3.5 has only been done this weekend, and gcc has
> to be compiled and uploaded first before gdc can be built against
> it.
>
> As for the bumping of gdc, has only been recently done, see link
> for current status.
> https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=gdc-4.3<https://buildd.debian
> .org/pkg.cgi?pkg=gdc-4.3>
>
> When it is uploaded for your architecture, update the package, then
> try again. If problems persist, don't hesitate to reply back.

With the update, gdc works again. But the problem will re-appear with
gcc-4.3-base 4.3.6, unless you either change the dependencies or ship
the old symlink (4.3.5 -> 4.3), too. Therefore I think this bug is
still valid.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-gcc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201005252106.38503.sf@sfritsch.de">http://lists.debian.org/201005252106.38503.sf@sfritsch.de
 
Old 05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Matthias Klose
 
Default Bug#582876: gdc-4.3 needs tighter versioned dependency on gcc-4.3-base

On 25.05.2010 21:06, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

On Tuesday 25 May 2010, Iain Buclaw wrote:

On 24 May 2010 19:21, Stefan Fritsch<sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:

On Monday 24 May 2010, Matthias Klose wrote:

On 24.05.2010 12:35, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

Package: gdc-4.3
Version: 1:1.046-4.3.4-5
Severity: serious



gdc 4.3.4 does not work with gcc-4.3-base 4.3.5:

I think you forgot to give an explanation why you closed this
bug. Or was the closing done by accident?


The upgrade to 4.3.5 has only been done this weekend, and gcc has
to be compiled and uploaded first before gdc can be built against
it.

As for the bumping of gdc, has only been recently done, see link
for current status.
https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=gdc-4.3<https://buildd.debian
.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=gdc-4.3>

When it is uploaded for your architecture, update the package, then
try again. If problems persist, don't hesitate to reply back.


With the update, gdc works again. But the problem will re-appear with
gcc-4.3-base 4.3.6, unless you either change the dependencies or ship
the old symlink (4.3.5 -> 4.3), too. Therefore I think this bug is
still valid.


wrong. we should have kept the 4.3.4 symlink in the gcc-4.3 4.3.5-1 upload
instead. no need to change this now.




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-gcc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4BFD97D4.9080902@debian.org">http://lists.debian.org/4BFD97D4.9080902@debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:14 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org