Old 03-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Bdale Garbee

Default dump/restore not supported for ext4

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:27:52 -0500 (EST), Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com> wrote:
> I tried the following package in sid:
> http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dump/dump_0.4b42-2_amd64.deb
>
> Why Debian does not include this in testing is beyond me..??

I just looked and it appears that this version of dump has never been
successfully built on mips or mipsel, which blocks it from being
promoted to testing. Checking the autobuilder build logs, it looks like
the root cause may be a toolchain problem, though it's an error message
I've never seen before.

https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=dump&ver=0.4b42-2&arch=mips&stamp=1259085131&file=log

Chasing down that error message, it looks like this is indeed believed
to a toolchain issue, fixed by:

I don't know, offhand, if this patch is reflected in the current Debian
gcc packages. If so, then perhaps I just need to request that the mips
and mipsel autobuilders retry the builds? CC'ing the debian-gcc team
for advice.

> BTW: The man page needs to be fixed in dump as well then (in the new
> version)

Thanks for noticing those! I've made those changes in my git repo for
the next Debian package upload. Hopefully Stelian will also fix those
in his next release, I see you've copied him on this.

> Quite nice!

Thanks for testing this so thoroughly. I myself back up two servers
with ext4 file systems using amanda and dump quite happily.

Bdale

Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Stelian Pop

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 09:21:31AM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:

> Thanks for noticing those! I've made those changes in my git repo for
> the next Debian package upload. Hopefully Stelian will also fix those
> in his next release, I see you've copied him on this.

Done !

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>