Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Matthias Klose

Default gcc-4.3 update for lenny

There are some more regressions fixed on the gcc-4_3-branch. At least
for some of those we should consider an update. I scanned the branch
for wrong-code regressions with -O2/-O3 and prepared an update at [1].
No regressions found in the testsuite on i386 and powerpc. The
alternative could be an update to the current gcc-4_3-branch as found
in experimental; no regressions in the testsuite, the code in this
state gets more attention upstream, and I didn't see any regressions
with these updates in Ubuntu (intrepid and jaunty, subset of archs).
Proposing to upload the packages at [1] now, and (after migration to
testing) upload the packages from experimental to unstable. Uploads
of gcj-4.3 and gnat-4.3 should follow the gcc-4.3. uploads.

Matthias

Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Matthias Klose

[1] http://people.debian.org/~doko/gcc/4.3/

Old 01-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Luk Claes

Matthias Klose wrote:
> Matthias Klose schrieb:
>> There are some more regressions fixed on the gcc-4_3-branch. At least
>> for some of those we should consider an update. I scanned the branch
>> for wrong-code regressions with -O2/-O3 and prepared an update at [1].
>> No regressions found in the testsuite on i386 and powerpc. The
>> alternative could be an update to the current gcc-4_3-branch as found
>> in experimental; no regressions in the testsuite, the code in this
>> state gets more attention upstream, and I didn't see any regressions
>> with these updates in Ubuntu (intrepid and jaunty, subset of archs).
>> Proposing to upload the packages at [1] now, and (after migration to
>> testing) upload the packages from experimental to unstable. Uploads
>> of gcj-4.3 and gnat-4.3 should follow the gcc-4.3. uploads.
>
> [1] http://people.debian.org/~doko/gcc/4.3/

Ok, please go ahead.

Cheers

Luk

Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Matthias Klose

Luk Claes schrieb:
> Matthias Klose wrote:
>> Matthias Klose schrieb:
>>> There are some more regressions fixed on the gcc-4_3-branch. At least
>>> for some of those we should consider an update. I scanned the branch
>>> for wrong-code regressions with -O2/-O3 and prepared an update at [1].
>>> No regressions found in the testsuite on i386 and powerpc. The
>>> alternative could be an update to the current gcc-4_3-branch as found
>>> in experimental; no regressions in the testsuite, the code in this
>>> state gets more attention upstream, and I didn't see any regressions
>>> with these updates in Ubuntu (intrepid and jaunty, subset of archs).
>>> Proposing to upload the packages at [1] now, and (after migration to
>>> testing) upload the packages from experimental to unstable. Uploads
>>> of gcj-4.3 and gnat-4.3 should follow the gcc-4.3. uploads.
>> [1] http://people.debian.org/~doko/gcc/4.3/
>
> Ok, please go ahead.

now in unstable, built on all archs, afaics no regressions in the testsuite.
please consider this version for testing.

Matthias

Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Luk Claes

Matthias Klose wrote:
> Luk Claes schrieb:
>> Matthias Klose wrote:
>>> [1] http://people.debian.org/~doko/gcc/4.3/
>> Ok, please go ahead.
>
> now in unstable, built on all archs, afaics no regressions in the testsuite.
> please consider this version for testing.

gcc-4.3 and gcj-4.3 already migrated, gnat-4.3 is already unblocked

Cheers

Luk

Old 01-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Matthias Klose

Luk Claes schrieb:
> Matthias Klose wrote:
>> Luk Claes schrieb:
>>> Ok, please go ahead.
>> now in unstable, built on all archs, afaics no regressions in the testsuite.
>> please consider this version for testing.
>
> gcc-4.3 and gcj-4.3 already migrated, gnat-4.3 is already unblocked

thanks, however I didn't upload gcj-4.3 yet. will do on Sat/Sun.