Old 06-06-2008, 02:49 AM
"Michael Andronov"

Default binary compatibility with Debian...

Let me explain briefly the issue I've run into:

1. I build a* really `short` application under Fedora or Mandrake disto(s):
****
int main()
{
*** return 0;
}

On both above platforms,* it is build with command:

g++ -g* -O0* -m32* test2.cpp,

where test2.cpp* is a file with above mentioned code.

2. I move the binary output* - a.out - to my Debian box.
Attempt to execute it* is immediately failing with
`Floating point exception`.

3.* Building above code on Debian and executing:
no problem - it is doing nothing, but not crashing...

4. moving the binary, build on Debian to Fedora and/or Mandriva-
*and running it* - no problem, doing nothing, not crashing.

I would really appreciate any idea how to explain such behavior, and,
possibly, an advice what should be done in order to share binary,
build on Fedora/Mandriva with* Debian.

Thanks for you kind attention to this matter.