Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 AM
jarek

Default When package was installed/updated ?

Hi!

Is there any way (log?) from where I can know when some package was
installed or updated ?
It could be very useful to have such timestamp in dpkg -s.

best regards
Jarek

Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Guillem Jover

Hi!

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 09:52:52 +0200, jarek wrote:
> Is there any way (log?) from where I can know when some package was
> installed or updated ?
> It could be very useful to have such timestamp in dpkg -s.

Yes, check /var/log/dpkg.log* (also /var/log/apt/* or /var/log/aptitude*
if you are using those frontends). Although this is really a question
for debian-user@lists.debian.org.

regards,
guillem