-   -   keyring in dpkg (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-dpkg/685962-keyring-dpkg.html)

Sina Mahmoodi 07-21-2012 06:26 PM

keyring in dpkg

Hey,

I was wondering if dpkg had an option to restrict installing deb
packages for a specified keyring, found such thing in dpkg-source. Is
there such a thing?
Then I decided to do it using pre-invoke option. how can i access the
deb file's path in pre-invoke?

Whats the best way to do this?

Guillem Jover 07-21-2012 07:28 PM

keyring in dpkg

Hi!

On Sat, 2012-07-21 at 22:56:49 +0430, Sina Mahmoodi wrote:
> I was wondering if dpkg had an option to restrict installing deb
> packages for a specified keyring, found such thing in dpkg-source.
> Is there such a thing?
> Then I decided to do it using pre-invoke option. how can i access
> the deb file's path in pre-invoke?
> Whats the best way to do this?

There is debsig-verify, which you'd need to enable in the dpkg.cfg
file. The problem is that no package in Debian is currently signed.
But if you just want it for locally built packages then the above
should be able to help you.

In any case the verification is performed on the archive side which
propagates to the Release and Packages files, which apt verifies.

thanks,
guillem