-   -   1.16.x series (master branch) frozen for wheezy (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-dpkg/678892-1-16-x-series-master-branch-frozen-wheezy.html)

Guillem Jover 07-01-2012 02:07 AM

1.16.x series (master branch) frozen for wheezy

Hi!

So the freeze has happened already, and I'm thus declaring the 1.16.x
series, currently tracked in master, frozen; only translations and
regression fixes should happen there, so in principle no new strings
should get introduced.

I'm planning to do roughly an upload to unstable for the 1.16.x series
every two weeks or once a month, depending on the accumulated changes
but ideally only with translations, until the wheezy release.

To avoid immediate confusion with merges and similar I'm *not* going to
branch development for 1.16.x into a wheezy branch and master for 1.17.x
for now, I'll do that once the bulk of the translations have trickled
in and the first upload has happened, in two weeks from now.

I'm doing a separate call for translation for each pot file right away.

thanks,
guillem

Christian PERRIER 07-01-2012 06:42 AM

1.16.x series (master branch) frozen for wheezy

Quoting Guillem Jover (guillem@debian.org):
> Hi!
>
> So the freeze has happened already, and I'm thus declaring the 1.16.x
> series, currently tracked in master, frozen; only translations
> regression fixes should happen there, so in principle no new strings
> should get introduced.

Thanks for the freeze.

I have to say that I yelled out quite loud when discovering the number
of fuzzy strings in a translation that I had, IIRC, fully completed (I
think last time was in the bus back from DC11).

Even dselect got 6 fuzzies out of nowhere..:-)

Several of these seem to come from cosmetic changes(I'm thinking about
the ellipsis changes, for instance). I understand this is a huge work
but it would be great if someone could take care of unfuzzy for such
changes.

And now, let's dig into updates. Will take a while. Hopefully, I have
two long plane trips during next month..:)

Still, I'm not sure I'll be able to complete the French manpages
translation given the gigantic size of updates. And typos or errors
are likely to happen: nobody can do such a huge update without any
mistake.