Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Guillem Jover

Default help needed on field ordering

Hi!

<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=661538#51>

> However on testing, whilst this does the desired job of adding
> Build-Stage: N if the package was built with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=stage=N
> it puts it right at the end of the control file after the description,
> which looks silly,

It just needs to be added to one of the %FIELD_ORDER variables.

> and dpkg-deb complains about this user-defined field:
> dpkg-deb: building package krb5-pkinit' in ../krb5-pkinit_1.10.1+dfsg-1_amd64.deb'.
> dpkg-deb: warning: 'debian/libkrb5-3/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field 'Build-Stage'

And this needs to be added to either the fieldinfos array in
lib/dpkg/parse.c if dpkg needs to know about the fields, or to
arbitrary_fields in dpkg-deb/build.c.

But do not take these hints as blessing the implementation, my opinion
from the above link (which seems to have been ignored) still applies.

regards,
guillem