FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian dpkg

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-23-2012, 11:29 AM
bsfmig
 
Default dpkg: error: duplicate file trigger interest for filename `/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules' and package `libgtk2.0-0:amd64'

Sorry for forwarding it to several lists but please understand my
hurry and desperate as a normal non-developer user.

System: Ubuntu 12.10 amd64
This error keeps every package from installing, upgrading and
removing, that is, it results in a completely broken state of dpkg.
Please give a precise meaning and a working solution, thanks!

It might be related to vlc but now even vlc cannot be removed.
Detailed output come as follows (in Chinese):
(*在读取数据库 ... 系统当前共安装有 199478 个文件和目录。)
*预备替换 libsamplerate0:amd64 0.1.8-4 (使用 .../libsamplerate0_0.1.8-5_amd64.deb) ...
*在解压缩将用于更替的包文件 libsamplerate0:amd64 ...
*预备替换 vlc-nox 2.0.1-4 (使用 .../vlc-nox_2.0.1-4build1_amd64.deb) ...
*在解压缩将用于更替的包文件 vlc-nox ...
*在处理用于 man-db 的触发器...
dpkg: error: 文件 /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules 和软件包
libgtk2.0-0:amd64 有重复的文件触发关注
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
软件包安装失败。*在试图恢复:
dpkg: error: 文件 /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules 和软件包
libgtk2.0-0:amd64 有重复的文件触发关注
按回车继*。
 
Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Guillem Jover
 
Default dpkg: error: duplicate file trigger interest for filename `/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules' and package `libgtk2.0-0:amd64'

Hi!

On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 19:29:43 +0800, bsfmig wrote:
> Sorry for forwarding it to several lists but please understand my
> hurry and desperate as a normal non-developer user.
>
> System: Ubuntu 12.10 amd64
> This error keeps every package from installing, upgrading and
> removing, that is, it results in a completely broken state of dpkg.
> Please give a precise meaning and a working solution, thanks!
>
> It might be related to vlc but now even vlc cannot be removed.
> Detailed output come as follows (in Chinese):
> (*在读取数据库 ... 系统当前共安装有 199478 个文件和目录。)
> *预备替换 libsamplerate0:amd64 0.1.8-4 (使用 .../libsamplerate0_0.1.8-5_amd64.deb) ...
> *在解压缩将用于更替的包文件 libsamplerate0:amd64 ...
> *预备替换 vlc-nox 2.0.1-4 (使用 .../vlc-nox_2.0.1-4build1_amd64.deb) ...
> *在解压缩将用于更替的包文件 vlc-nox ...
> *在处理用于 man-db 的触发器...
> dpkg: error: 文件 /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules 和软件包
> libgtk2.0-0:amd64 有重复的文件触发关注
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
> 软件包安装失败。*在试图恢复:
> dpkg: error: 文件 /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules 和软件包
> libgtk2.0-0:amd64 有重复的文件触发关注
> 按回车继*。

W/o having checked this at all, my first assumption is that this is
caused by the Ubuntu specific change introduced in 1.16.3ubuntu2,
which would generate duped entries for the native and foreign packages
from the previous unqualified package names in the triggers database.

The correct fix would be to use the architecture from the owning
package instead I guess.

regards,
guillem


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120623115418.GA16592@gaara.hadrons.org">http://lists.debian.org/20120623115418.GA16592@gaara.hadrons.org
 
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM
bsfmig
 
Default dpkg: error: duplicate file trigger interest for filename `/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules' and package `libgtk2.0-0:amd64'

Thank you!

2012/6/23 Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org>:
> Hi!
>
> The correct fix would be to use the architecture from the owning
> package instead I guess.
>
> regards,
> guillem

Would you please tell me on this more precisely that what operation
can I do now, or should I just wait for a Ubuntu fix?

ps. Fortunely this bug does not render Gnome into a mess so I can
still log on and stay in the bad state.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAMAaKyHiSGs98Q5S+hjdnfpi2xsgV7OhdttSbNnxAUPw_YBiu g@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAMAaKyHiSGs98Q5S+hjdnfpi2xsgV7OhdttSbNnxAUPw_YBiu g@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 06-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Steve Langasek
 
Default dpkg: error: duplicate file trigger interest for filename `/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules' and package `libgtk2.0-0:amd64'

Hi there,

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 07:29:43PM +0800, bsfmig wrote:
> Sorry for forwarding it to several lists but please understand my
> hurry and desperate as a normal non-developer user.

> System: Ubuntu 12.10 amd64
> This error keeps every package from installing, upgrading and
> removing, that is, it results in a completely broken state of dpkg.
> Please give a precise meaning and a working solution, thanks!

Please note that Ubuntu 12.10 is still under development. It is strongly
recommended that you be familiar with Ubuntu bug reporting procedures if you
are going to run a development release.

In this case, please report a bug against the dpkg package in launchpad by
using the command 'ubuntu-bug dpkg' from the affected system, and attach the
files /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File and /var/log/apt/term.log to the bug
report.

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 08:02:59PM +0800, bsfmig wrote:
> Would you please tell me on this more precisely that what operation
> can I do now, or should I just wait for a Ubuntu fix?

To fix up your dpkg database, the following shell command should suffice:

sed -n -e"s,/,\\/,g; s/:$(dpkg --print-architecture)$//p "
/var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File
| while read line; do
sudo sed -i -e"/^$line$/d" /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File
done

Please file a bug report *first* before running this command, as this
modifies the contents of /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File and we need to see the
original file from your system to correctly debug this.

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 01:54:18PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:

> W/o having checked this at all, my first assumption is that this is
> caused by the Ubuntu specific change introduced in 1.16.3ubuntu2,
> which would generate duped entries for the native and foreign packages
> from the previous unqualified package names in the triggers database.

There should be no duplication of triggers here for the foreign arch. I
think what's happening is that /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File contains a
pre-existing line "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules libgtk2.0-0", and an
upgrade of libgtk2.0-0 after the upgrade of dpkg has now resulted in a
second line, "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules libgtk2.0-0:amd64", which
the change from 1.16.3ubuntu2 causes dpkg to see as a duplicate.

It was already my intention to canonicalize the package names on upgrade;
there just wasn't time to implement that before uploading 1.16.3ubuntu2,
which was a fix for a critical bug that would leave all amd64 desktop users
dead in the water.

> The correct fix would be to use the architecture from the owning
> package instead I guess.

By definition, the owning package here is always the package of the native
arch. The arch qualification was added to the package spec for native-arch
M-A: same packages due to the mutability of the native arch (in the
cross-grading case), but there's no way this entry would ever have been
created in Ubuntu dpkg by a package other than the one dpkg considered
native at the time, and if there has been a cross-grade we have no record of
that anyway; so we should fix this up in all cases by marking this as
native.

--
Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.
Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org
 
Old 06-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Guillem Jover
 
Default dpkg: error: duplicate file trigger interest for filename `/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules' and package `libgtk2.0-0:amd64'

On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 13:54:33 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 01:54:18PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > W/o having checked this at all, my first assumption is that this is
> > caused by the Ubuntu specific change introduced in 1.16.3ubuntu2,
> > which would generate duped entries for the native and foreign packages
> > from the previous unqualified package names in the triggers database.
>
> There should be no duplication of triggers here for the foreign arch. I
> think what's happening is that /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File contains a
> pre-existing line "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules libgtk2.0-0", and an
> upgrade of libgtk2.0-0 after the upgrade of dpkg has now resulted in a
> second line, "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules libgtk2.0-0:amd64", which
> the change from 1.16.3ubuntu2 causes dpkg to see as a duplicate.
>
> It was already my intention to canonicalize the package names on upgrade;
> there just wasn't time to implement that before uploading 1.16.3ubuntu2,
> which was a fix for a critical bug that would leave all amd64 desktop users
> dead in the water.

W/o having checked anything at all on this case, I'd say that if there's
two entries, one for a foreign and one for a native and you always
arch-qualify to the native then there will be duplicates. Or if there
was a foreign unqualified entry, which gets arch-qualified to native,
and the native instance gets installed afterwards.

> > The correct fix would be to use the architecture from the owning
> > package instead I guess.
>
> By definition, the owning package here is always the package of the native
> arch. The arch qualification was added to the package spec for native-arch
> M-A: same packages due to the mutability of the native arch (in the
> cross-grading case), but there's no way this entry would ever have been
> created in Ubuntu dpkg by a package other than the one dpkg considered
> native at the time, and if there has been a cross-grade we have no record of
> that anyway; so we should fix this up in all cases by marking this as
> native.

The owning package is the specific instance with the interest, which
is depenant on the package architecture and independent of it being
native or foreign. I guess the issue is that the Ubuntu dpkg did not
track triggers per M-A:same instance at all, so there's no previous
distinction of foreign arch-qualified versus native not-qualified.

But again I'm quite tired now, and I've not checked any detail of this
specific situation...

regards,
guillem


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120623215127.GA17471@gaara.hadrons.org">http://lists.debian.org/20120623215127.GA17471@gaara.hadrons.org
 
Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Steve Langasek
 
Default dpkg: error: duplicate file trigger interest for filename `/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules' and package `libgtk2.0-0:amd64'

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 11:51:28PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 13:54:33 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 01:54:18PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > > W/o having checked this at all, my first assumption is that this is
> > > caused by the Ubuntu specific change introduced in 1.16.3ubuntu2,
> > > which would generate duped entries for the native and foreign packages
> > > from the previous unqualified package names in the triggers database.

> > There should be no duplication of triggers here for the foreign arch. I
> > think what's happening is that /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File contains a
> > pre-existing line "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules libgtk2.0-0", and an
> > upgrade of libgtk2.0-0 after the upgrade of dpkg has now resulted in a
> > second line, "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules libgtk2.0-0:amd64", which
> > the change from 1.16.3ubuntu2 causes dpkg to see as a duplicate.

> > It was already my intention to canonicalize the package names on upgrade;
> > there just wasn't time to implement that before uploading 1.16.3ubuntu2,
> > which was a fix for a critical bug that would leave all amd64 desktop users
> > dead in the water.

> W/o having checked anything at all on this case, I'd say that if there's
> two entries, one for a foreign and one for a native and you always
> arch-qualify to the native then there will be duplicates. Or if there
> was a foreign unqualified entry, which gets arch-qualified to native,
> and the native instance gets installed afterwards.

No; with the previous Ubuntu dpkg, there would *already* be two entries in
the multiarch co-installation case, one for 'libgtk2.0-0' and one for
'libgtk2.0-0:i386'. The problem when syncing up with dpkg 1.16.3 is that
the first of these was considered an error, and needed to be mapped to
libgtk2.0-0:amd64.

bsfmig's error indicates that they have at least two triggers recorded for
the *native* package, one under 'libgtk2.0-0' and the other under
'libgtk2.0-0:amd64'. AFAICS this can only happen if libgtk2.0-0 was
upgraded after dpkg 1.16.3ubuntu2+ was installed.

> > > The correct fix would be to use the architecture from the owning
> > > package instead I guess.

> > By definition, the owning package here is always the package of the native
> > arch. The arch qualification was added to the package spec for native-arch
> > M-A: same packages due to the mutability of the native arch (in the
> > cross-grading case), but there's no way this entry would ever have been
> > created in Ubuntu dpkg by a package other than the one dpkg considered
> > native at the time, and if there has been a cross-grade we have no record of
> > that anyway; so we should fix this up in all cases by marking this as
> > native.

> The owning package is the specific instance with the interest, which
> is depenant on the package architecture and independent of it being
> native or foreign. I guess the issue is that the Ubuntu dpkg did not
> track triggers per M-A:same instance at all, so there's no previous
> distinction of foreign arch-qualified versus native not-qualified.

No, that's not it at all. My precise multiarch install showed the following
File triggers (among others):

/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules libgtk2.0-0
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules libgtk2.0-0:i386

Ubuntu dpkg was already tracking triggers per M-A: same instance, it only
used a different canonicalization of the package name for the native
instance.

--
Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.
Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org
 
Old 06-24-2012, 02:52 AM
bsfmig
 
Default dpkg: error: duplicate file trigger interest for filename `/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules' and package `libgtk2.0-0:amd64'

2012/6/24 Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@ubuntu.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> In this case, please report a bug against the dpkg package in launchpad by
> using the command 'ubuntu-bug dpkg' from the affected system, and attach the
> files /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File and /var/log/apt/term.log to the bug
> report.
>
I've reported it to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dpkg/+bug/1017031.
>
> To fix up your dpkg database, the following shell command should suffice:
>
> *sed -n -e"s,/,\\/,g; s/:$(dpkg --print-architecture)$//p "
> * * * /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File
> *| while read line; do
> * * *sudo sed -i -e"/^$line$/d" /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File
> *done
>
> Please file a bug report *first* before running this command, as this
> modifies the contents of /var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File and we need to see the
> original file from your system to correctly debug this.
>
Yes, it saved me. Thank you!


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAMAaKyH_VMt4NdR8DYmWF7_2CH3hxZ+eWwOn_GEkttZLqQotN g@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAMAaKyH_VMt4NdR8DYmWF7_2CH3hxZ+eWwOn_GEkttZLqQotN g@mail.gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:46 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org