FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian dpkg

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Goswin von Brederlow
 
Default dpkg fails to install 32-bit adobe acrobat reader on 64-bit wheezy system: depends issue

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 14:58:33 -0700, Chris Hiestand wrote:
>> Actually now that I'm trying to install from scratch instead of upgrade
>> the message seems to be different (libgtk2.0-0:any instead of libgtk2.0-0):
>
>> > chiestand@wheezy:/tmp$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture adobereader-enu_9.5.1_i386.deb
>> > dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
>> > package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
>> > Selecting previously unselected package adobereader-enu.
>> > (Reading database ... 782797 files and directories currently installed.)
>> > Unpacking adobereader-enu (from adobereader-enu_9.5.1_i386.deb) ...
>> > dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of adobereader-enu:
>> > adobereader-enu depends on libgtk2.0-0:any.
>> > dpkg: error processing adobereader-enu (--install):
>> > dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>> > Processing triggers for man-db ...
>> > Errors were encountered while processing:
>> > adobereader-enu
>>
>> Perhaps the upgrade message should say libgtk2.0-0:i386 instead?
>
> Well, certainly at least something clearer than libgtk2.0-0:any. I've
> put that on my list of messages to clarify for 1.16.3 or 1.16.4.
>
> thanks,
> guillem

How would it know that? If libgtk2.0-0 is Multi-Arch:foreign then
libgtk2.0-0:amd64 will do just fine.

I guess if it knows about libgtk2.0-0:amd64 not bein Multi-Arch:foreign
it can say :i386 but carefull not to assume the same for completly
unknown packages.

MfG
Goswin


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 8762co2kxp.fsf@frosties.localnet">http://lists.debian.org/8762co2kxp.fsf@frosties.localnet
 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Jonathan Nieder
 
Default dpkg fails to install 32-bit adobe acrobat reader on 64-bit wheezy system: depends issue

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:
>> On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 14:58:33 -0700, Chris Hiestand wrote:

>>> Actually now that I'm trying to install from scratch instead of upgrade
>>> the message seems to be different (libgtk2.0-0:any instead of libgtk2.0-0):

>>>> Unpacking adobereader-enu (from adobereader-enu_9.5.1_i386.deb) ...
>>>> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of adobereader-enu:
>>>> adobereader-enu depends on libgtk2.0-0:any.
[...]
>>> Perhaps the upgrade message should say libgtk2.0-0:i386 instead?
>>
>> Well, certainly at least something clearer than libgtk2.0-0:any. I've
>> put that on my list of messages to clarify for 1.16.3 or 1.16.4.
[...]
> How would it know that? If libgtk2.0-0 is Multi-Arch:foreign then
> libgtk2.0-0:amd64 will do just fine.

Just saying what we know might be enough.

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of adobereader-enu:
adobereader-enu:i386 depends on libgtk2.0-0.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-dpkg-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20120425151942.GB31026@burratino">http://lists.debian.org/20120425151942.GB31026@burratino
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org