Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Jonathan Nieder

Default popularity-contest broken with Multi-Arsch

Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> It's not going to happen. This interface choice has been discussed at
> length. I don't want to rehash the discussion.

Forgive my ignorance: could you explain the rationale for the choice
that was made for the meaning of "dpkg-query -L <package>" when
<package> is multiarch:same? If the explanation is convincing, I'd be
happy to rework it into a patch for the dpkg-query manpage so there is
something to point people to when they ask again.

I ask because Bill's request makes a lot of sense in light of the
explanation Russ gave on debian-devel of multiarch, where there is one
package being installed and the list of architectures is just a detail
of how it is installed.