-   -   xz strategies (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-dpkg/642632-xz-strategies.html)

Philipp Kern 03-09-2012 11:01 AM

xz strategies

Hi,

I'd appreciate if you could go ahead and push the xz strategies patch
for dpkg-deb to unstable. The conversion of d-i udebs to xz
compression blocks on this and should better not be delayed further.
The other components are ready / will be patched as soon as an updated
dpkg hits the archive.

Thanks
Philipp Kern

Raphael Hertzog 03-17-2012 08:36 PM

xz strategies

Hi,

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012, Philipp Kern wrote:
> I'd appreciate if you could go ahead and push the xz strategies patch
> for dpkg-deb to unstable. The conversion of d-i udebs to xz
> compression blocks on this and should better not be delayed further.
> The other components are ready / will be patched as soon as an updated
> dpkg hits the archive.

Since Guillem announced that 1.16.2 should be uploaded to sid shortly, I
did not bother replying. It seems to take a bit longer than announced but
hopefully it's a matter of a few days at most now.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Philipp Kern 03-17-2012 09:28 PM

xz strategies

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 10:36:06PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Since Guillem announced that 1.16.2 should be uploaded to sid shortly, I
> did not bother replying. It seems to take a bit longer than announced but
> hopefully it's a matter of a few days at most now.

It's a matter of a few days for weeks already. I don't hold my breath. We'll
have an installer release without it, I guess.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
.'`. Philipp Kern Debian Developer