Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Default cupt and multiarch (was: Multi-arch branches)

Hello,

On 2012-01-31 15:00, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> [...] ensure _other_
> packages (e.g., zlib, cupt) have the appropriate changes made and
> tested to get multiarch working reasonably by the time the release
> comes.

Cupt in wheezy won't support multiarch [1]. As Cyril said, "one less
thing to worry about". IMHO, for such a major change, it's too late in
the current release cycle and it does not have stable (== in Debian
Policy) specifications [2].

[1] I though plan to insure that Cupt is able to work properly on
systems where "foreign" packages are installed already.
[2] I also very don't like the specifications themselves, but that's
another story.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer