Old 11-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Raphael Hertzog

Default Konvention für Spaces in Options

Hi,

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> while updating the German translation I noticed (due to a fuzzy
> string) that sometimes a space is used in the following contruct,
> sometimes not:
> msgid "B<-a >I<arch>"
>
> (and similar for other options, for this case compare
> dpkg-checkbuilddeps.1:33 and dpkg-buildpackage.1:105)

This is because not all dpkg-* commands follow the same conventions when
it comes to management of command line options.

So this difference is normal even if it shows a lack of consistency.

It's "dpkg-buildpackage -ai386" but "dpkg-checkbuilddeps -a i386".

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

liberate it: http://debian-handbook.info/go/ulule-rh/