Old 07-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Sam Dunne

Default Declarative Diversions - Report 4

DECLARATIVE DIVERSIONS
======================

REPORT 4 - 30th July 2011
-------------------------
This is the forth report for declarative diversions for debian as part
of Google Summer of Code.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE LAST TIME
---------------------------------
A lot has happened since my last report. For the most part near all the code has
been written. I have spent a lot of time writing this code, testing it and
trying to debug it. However, Steve, Guillem and RaphaŽl have helped a great deal
and without them there is no way my code would be as advanced as it is.

PLANS FOR THE COMING FUTURE
---------------------------
The plans for the next week is to integrate the code Guillem repurposed from
parse.c to do the parsing for our diversion control files. Once this has been
achieved I will have a good look at using the existing diversions structure to
store the linked lists etc. However at this point I think my structure
may be the
best option as it is a lot easier to use/implement. But this will have to be
discussed furthur.
Hopefully all of the above will be achieved this week along with any testing we
need to do.

WHAT I FOUND HARD
-----------------
What I have found difficult up to now has been linked lists. I have used them in
college but briefly and they weren't explained very well. Steve has been a great
help with this concept and I would now say I understand it quite well.

WHAT HAS GONE WELL
------------------
The past week has been the best week of the program so far. Code and concepts
seem to be falling in to place a lot better than the previous weeks
and I believe
that I have made good progress.

CONTACT ME

My blog: http://blog.sam-dunne.com
My Github: https://github.com/samdunne/dpkg-diversions

My code is located in '/lib/dpkg' in the 'testing' branch of my code. The files
are 'divert.c' and 'divert.h'

*Note* - You will have to also checkout '/lib/dpkg/div_test/' folder for my code
to work

BRIEF NOTE TO GUILLEM
---------------------
This is *finally* plain text :P

Until next time,
~Sam

Old 08-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Ana Guerrero

Hi Sam,

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 01:31:22PM +0100, Sam Dunne wrote:
> DECLARATIVE DIVERSIONS
> ======================
>
> REPORT 4 - 30th July 2011
> -------------------------
> This is the forth report for declarative diversions for debian as part
> of Google Summer of Code.
>

> WHAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE LAST TIME
> A lot has happened since my last report. For the most part near all the code has
> been written. I have spent a lot of time writing this code, testing it and
> trying to debug it. However, Steve, Guillem and RaphaŽl have helped a great deal
> and without them there is no way my code would be as advanced as it is.

This report covers a whole month, could you please be more specific about what
you have done instead of "a lot has happened" ?

Thanks,
Ana