Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 PM
"Kim, Seung"

Default HELP: how to compile with the source version of apt

Trying my luck here! =)
*
I’ve googled on how to compile from the apt source, but I’m still having a hard time getting it to run successfully. I need this compiled.. https://github.com/kyleshank/apt-s3#readme

I ran “apt-get build-dep apt-s3” among others and I keep getting “E: You must put some ‘source’ URIs in your sources.list”

But I’m not sure why I’d need to put an URI since I’m trying to compile locally, so technically I shouldn’t need any entry in the URI (source.list) file?
*
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Henry velez

Hi Kim.

I am a newbie too, but maybe i can help you.

To have the sources of the packages you need to add in your source.list a line like this:
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing contrib non-free main

Take a look that we are just adding a "-src" in the original line and the rest is intact.
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing contrib non-free main

But if I am not mistaking, to use "apt-get source" the package must be a "debian package". So maybe you will need to find the dependencies manually.

I hope it helps you.

Regards.

2011/6/23 Kim, Seung <seungk@ea.com>

Trying my luck here! =)